How to Reach Como, Italy
The Easiest Way to Reach Como
- By Plane: The nearest airports to Como are Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate. There is no individual Como airport. These airports serve flights from major Italian cities.
- By Train: Como travel by train is pleasant as Como is connected to all the major cities in Lombardy.
- By Car: You can also go on a trip to Como by a car by taking the E35 motorway.
- There are plenty of options for you whether you are travelling by public transport or private transportation. Como travel guide recommends the following:
- Como has got a well organized bus system, but since the city is not so big, you are better off walking by foot. There are also buses going out of the city.
- Another great and convenient way of exploring the lake area is by boat. There are three kinds of boats that you find; the slow boat also called Battello, fast boat (aliscafo) and car ferry (traghetto). More about the routine of the buses can be found at the Como tourist information.
- You can also get a taxi to get around Como, but this is a much expensive option.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Como and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Como
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Como. The most preferred mode of transport in Como is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.91 km Average time: 39.67 min
Train/Metro 31.34%Train 31.62 min Walking 7.86 min Waiting 6 min Bus 2.81 min Other 1.9 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 21.2 kms 51.86 min
Walking 11.94%Walking 30 min Train 4 min Bike 1.88 min Waiting 1.75 min Bus 1.5 min Tram 0.88 min Overall average time for 5.56 kms 40 min
Motorbike 4.48%Motorbike 11 min Overall average time for 17.17 kms 11 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.99%Tram 12.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Walking 3.5 min Other 2.5 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 24 min
Car 20.9%Driving 33.14 min Motorbike 1.07 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 16.96 kms 34.71 min
Bike 10.45%Bike 26 min Walking 0.14 min Overall average time for 5.71 kms 26.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.48%Bus 26.67 min Walking 6 min Waiting 5.33 min Train 4.33 min Other 3.33 min Tram 1.67 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 47.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Como
- How to reach Milan
- How to reach Portofino
- How to reach Cinque Terre
- How to reach Vicenza
- How to reach Ferrara
- How to reach Padua
- How to reach Livorno
- How to reach Monvalle
- How to reach Orio Al Serio
- How to Reach Top Cities in Italy
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Florence
- How to reach Venice
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach Positano
- How to reach Catania
- How to reach Siena
- How to reach Taormina
- How to reach Vernazza
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Hermosillo
- How to reach Itarsi
- How to reach Sanquelim