How to Reach Como
- By Plane: The nearest airports to Como are Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate. There is no individual Como airport. These airports serve flights from major Italian cities.
- By Train: Como travel by train is pleasant as Como is connected to all the major cities in Lombardy.
- By Car: You can also go on a trip to Como by a car by taking the E35 motorway.
- There are plenty of options for you whether you are travelling by public transport or private transportation. Como travel guide recommends the following:
- Como has got a well organized bus system, but since the city is not so big, you are better off walking by foot. There are also buses going out of the city.
- Another great and convenient way of exploring the lake area is by boat. There are three kinds of boats that you find; the slow boat also called Battello, fast boat (aliscafo) and car ferry (traghetto). More about the routine of the buses can be found at the Como tourist information.
- You can also get a taxi to get around Como, but this is a much expensive option.