Villa Olmo942 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Bellinzona, 2, Como, Italy Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-031573800
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Estate, Family And Kids, Lake, Architecture
Villa Olmo is the most celebrated and sumptuous of the historic homes of Como and one that made Como one of the driving forces of the Enlightenment in Italy.
It is a stylish structure with high aesthetic and compositional values. The construction of Villa Olmo began at the end of the eighteenth century and was completed in 1812. It passed from the hands of the Odescalchi family to the Raimondi, and hence the Visconti di Modrone and finally in 1925 to the municipal authority which has used it to host cultural events and art exhibitions.
The garden around the villa is beautifully landscaped and you can admire the lake while taking a stroll around the Villa. The lakeside is a perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon.
Villa Olmo Travel Tips
- It’s a great place to have a small picnic.
- The place also has number of cafes to relish a bite or a coffee.
- You can pack your lunch and have it in the parks by the lakeside.
- The swimming pools are great for a quick dip.
Entrance Ticket Details For Villa Olmo
- The entry fee depends on the exhibit going on.
- The lakeside gardens have a free entry.
How to Reach Villa Olmo
- On Foot or By Boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Como before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Como and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Villa Olmo Address: Via Bellinzona, 2, Como, Italy
- Villa Olmo Contact Number: +39-031573800
- Villa Olmo Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Villa Olmo(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Villa Olmo: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
47.82% of people who visit Como include Villa Olmo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
36.14% of people start their Villa Olmo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Villa Olmo
93.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Villa Olmo
People normally club together Funicular Railway and Cathedral Of Como while planning their visit to Villa Olmo.