Volta LighthouseCurrently Open
- Address: Via Giacomo Scalini, 74, 22034 Brunate Como, Italy Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
The Volta Lighthouse Tower is an octagonal tower 29 meters high built in 1927 on the summit of Monte Tre Croci (location Brunate San Maurizio) on the occasion of the centenary of the death of Alessandro Volta. The central vault of the lighthouse was placed a bust of Alessandro Volta, represented in old age, donated by postal workers. The lighthouse was inaugurated on September 8, 1927 with the participation the Minister of Communications on. Costanzo Ciano. Designed by engineer Gabriele Giussani, has an internal spiral staircase of 143 steps that leads to two circular balconies: one just above the main entrance, the second outside the lantern from these points you can see views that range over the western part of the Alps, to Monte Rosa. The lighthouse, from sunset until dawn, alternately emits light green, white and red. The terrace around the basement, from which is possible to see amazing views on the Lake Como and the Alps is open all year round and all the days.
Volta Lighthouse Travel Tips
- Do not go overboard and be careful when you climb the stairs of the tower.
- Always keep a weather check before visiting. In bad weathers, entry is restricted.
Volta Lighthouse Hours
- The closing time during the months of March to October is 05.00 pm.
How to Reach Volta Lighthouse
- By Boat.
- La Polenteria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Como before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Como and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Volta Lighthouse Address: Via Giacomo Scalini, 74, 22034 Brunate Como, Italy
- Volta Lighthouse Timing: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Best time to visit Volta Lighthouse(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Volta Lighthouse: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
16.55% of people who visit Como include Volta Lighthouse in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
76.35% of people start their Volta Lighthouse visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Volta Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Volta Lighthouse
People normally club together Volta Temple and Museo Archeologico Paolo Giovio while planning their visit to Volta Lighthouse.