Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
- Address: Tweed Terrace & Boundary Street, Point Danger, Coolangatta, 4225, Australia.
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse - Review
Captain Cook memorial is dedicated to one of the world’s most respected voyager Captain James Cook and to all the other famous sailors of the world who have at some time came across the lands of Queensland. Also known as the Point Danger Lighthouse, it is the point of change of town borders, the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads. Standing on the top of the lighthouse one cans see the distant waters of these adjacent towns and shoals of dolphins and whales migrating in peak season.
This lighthouse is said to be the first one to work laser light as its source, though eventually the experiment failed and replaced by battery light.
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse Information
- Try to visit the memorial from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and do enjoy the tablet inscriptions placed over there.
- Try to catch a view of the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads at the same time!
- Do see the sunrise or sunset from the top of the lighthouse and leaping dolphins and blue whales.
How To reach Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Rent a car or hire a taxi.
- Bus stops at Wharf Street at Tweed Heads and Griffith Street at Twin Towns Services Club.
- You can also walk down to the place or can take a bicycle ride till the place.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coolangatta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coolangatta and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
95% of people who visit Coolangatta include Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
52.11% of people start their Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
93.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse Map
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse Trips
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta Reviews
One of the best local look out points in tweed. Get some good weather and come while the whales are migrating!
Beautiful views, and great place to watch the migrating humpbacks
Straddling the NSW/Qld border, this Memorial and Navigation Beacon has one of the most spectacular coastal views you'll find anywhere. A favorite spot for commemorative photos or magnificent selfies. At the base of the lighthouse Point Danger Marine Rescue Volunteers maintain vigil over, and communication with, coastal and river traffic. For those who believe in karma a couple of gold coins tossed into the quaint Wishing Well is sure to be beneficial. Cold drinks, ice creams are available from the Souvenir Shop and a receipt is available for larger (Tax deductible) donations to this volunteering organisation, for which heaps of good karma is available. A memorable spot for a short visit.
Beautiful place to relax.
Beautiful but crowded
All QuestionsCaptain cook memorial and lighthouse
- Pauls Valley City Library
- Paul & Pine Church Of Christ
- Pauls Valley Station
- Pauls Valley Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- Pauls Valley City Lake
- First Assembly Of God
- Delta Public Transit
- Swivelind Tree Stands
- Valley Vineyards & Winery
- Liberty Baptist Church
- Grace Baptist Church
- Valley Christian Church
- Royal Twin Theatre
- Valley Life Church