Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta
About Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta - Address
Address: Tweed Terrace & Boundary Street, Point Danger, Coolangatta, 4225, Australia.
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Light House, Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Captain Cook memorial is dedicated to one of the world’s most respected voyager Captain James Cook and to all the other famous sailors of the world who have at some time came across the lands of Queensland. Also known as the Point Danger Lighthouse, it is the point of change of town borders, the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads. Standing on the top of the lighthouse one cans see the distant waters of these adjacent towns and shoals of dolphins and whales migrating in peak season.
This lighthouse is said to be the first one to work laser light as its source, though eventually the experiment failed and replaced by battery light.
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse Information
- Try to visit the memorial from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and do enjoy the tablet inscriptions placed over there.
- Try to catch a view of the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads at the same time!
- Do see the sunrise or sunset from the top of the lighthouse and leaping dolphins and blue whales.
How To reach Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Rent a car or hire a taxi.
- Bus stops at Wharf Street at Tweed Heads and Griffith Street at Twin Towns Services Club.
- You can also walk down to the place or can take a bicycle ride till the place.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coolangatta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coolangatta and book an accommodation of your choice.
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta Reviews - Write a Review
Great place for history and other fun adventures.
Good place for a short visit.
Great sightseeing place! Free parking exists but it's a bit tricky to see and find since the memorial is on top of a hill.
Great views to watch the sunrise and very clean.
Good view s and facilities