Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta
- Address: Tweed Terrace & Boundary Street, Point Danger, Coolangatta, 4225, Australia.
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Landmark, Memorial, Family And Kids
About Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta
Captain Cook memorial is dedicated to one of the world’s most respected voyager Captain James Cook and to all the other famous sailors of the world who have at some time came across the lands of Queensland. Also known as the Point Danger Lighthouse, it is the point of change of town borders, the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads. Standing on the top of the lighthouse one cans see the distant waters of these adjacent towns and shoals of dolphins and whales migrating in peak season.
This lighthouse is said to be the first one to work laser light as its source, though eventually the experiment failed and replaced by battery light.
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse Information
- Try to visit the memorial from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and do enjoy the tablet inscriptions placed over there.
- Try to catch a view of the twin towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads at the same time!
- Do see the sunrise or sunset from the top of the lighthouse and leaping dolphins and blue whales.
How To reach Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Rent a car or hire a taxi.
- Bus stops at Wharf Street at Tweed Heads and Griffith Street at Twin Towns Services Club.
- You can also walk down to the place or can take a bicycle ride till the place.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coolangatta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coolangatta and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
95% of people who visit Coolangatta include Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
58.02% of people start their Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse
Captain Cook Memorial And Lighthouse, Coolangatta Reviews
Beautiful views out over the pacific.
Beautiful memorial with breathtaking views of the ocean.
Great place for history and other fun adventures.
Good place for a short visit.
Great sightseeing place! Free parking exists but it's a bit tricky to see and find since the memorial is on top of a hill.