Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section, Coombabah
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Shelter Road, off Brisbane Road, Coombabah, Gold Coast, Australia
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:15 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 893 times in trip plans
Outdoors, Wildlife Park, Bird Watching
Always use TripHobo's trip organiser to make the most of your time while travelling
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section, Coombabah
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area is spread over 1000 hectares and is home to various species for animals and birds. Being a Ramsar protected wetland, this conservation area protects habitats ranging from coastal estuaries and mangroves to freshwater wetlands, flooded paper bark forests, eucalypt parkland, and grasslands. The conservation area is divided into Eastern section as well as Western Section. The place also has 150 bird species, including migratory birds which have made this region their home.
The main point of interest in the western section of the Lakelands is the Mangrove Boardwalk, which is wheelchair accessible.
- One of the highlights of Coombabah Lakelands, Mangrove boardwalk is the best during low tide. At this time, an assortment of water birds can be seen possible, including Whitefaced Heron, Little and Great Egrets, White Ibis, and Royal Spoonbill.
- Lots of eastern grey kangaroos welcome by watching you as you enter North of airfield which is 500 meters away from the parking.
- Koala track: Parkland section is another spot to look out for in the western section.
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section Information
- The weather is pleasant throughout the day but can get hot, so dress accordingly.
- It rains during January to March, so be equipped accordingly.
- Conservation wetlands do not have any place to eat or rest rooms so keep yourself stocked specially while travelling with the kids.
How To reach Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section by Public Transport
- Nearest Airport is Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast international Airport.
- Closest station is Helensvale Station, a car or bus can be taken to Coombabah Lakelands from here.
- It can be accessed by turning north off the Gold Coast Highway onto Pine Ridge Rd, and then a left turn to Rain tree glen 1.3 kilometer later.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coombabah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coombabah and book an accommodation of your choice.