Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western SectionCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Shelter Road, off Brisbane Road, Coombabah, Gold Coast, Australia
- Timings: 06:15 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 07-55816722
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Wildlife Park, Bird Watching
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section - Review
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area is spread over 1000 hectares and is home to various species for animals and birds. Being a Ramsar protected wetland, this conservation area protects habitats ranging from coastal estuaries and mangroves to freshwater wetlands, flooded paper bark forests, eucalypt parkland, and grasslands. The conservation area is divided into Eastern section as well as Western Section. The place also has 150 bird species, including migratory birds which have made this region their home.
The main point of interest in the western section of the Lakelands is the Mangrove Boardwalk, which is wheelchair accessible.
- One of the highlights of Coombabah Lakelands, Mangrove boardwalk is the best during low tide. At this time, an assortment of water birds can be seen possible, including Whitefaced Heron, Little and Great Egrets, White Ibis, and Royal Spoonbill.
- Lots of eastern grey kangaroos welcome by watching you as you enter North of airfield which is 500 meters away from the parking.
- Koala track: Parkland section is another spot to look out for in the western section.
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section Information
- The weather is pleasant throughout the day but can get hot, so dress accordingly.
- It rains during January to March, so be equipped accordingly.
- Conservation wetlands do not have any place to eat or rest rooms so keep yourself stocked specially while travelling with the kids.
How To reach Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section by Public Transport
- Nearest Airport is Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast international Airport.
- Closest station is Helensvale Station, a car or bus can be taken to Coombabah Lakelands from here.
- It can be accessed by turning north off the Gold Coast Highway onto Pine Ridge Rd, and then a left turn to Rain tree glen 1.3 kilometer later.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coombabah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coombabah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section
95% of people who visit Coombabah include Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.64% of people start their Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section Map
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area- Western Section, Coombabah Reviews
All QuestionsCoombabah lakelands conservation area- western section
- Maengwyn Hir Caravan Park
- Ace Framing & Art Gallery
- Coxs Tackle
- Stephenson's Memorial Works
- Real Simulation
- Trout, Graham, Flies
- Caeran Caravan Park
- Brampton Gardens Green
- Guide Post Library
- Capricorn Mobile Disco
- Holy Family Parent And Toddler Group
- Bomersund Social Club
- Cleaswell Hill Library
- Paddock Hall Equestrian Centre