Are you looking for what to do in Coombabah?
WHAT TO SEE
Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area: The Lakelands are a Ramsar protected wetland which is recognized by the United Nations. Spread over 1000 hectares, this land conserves a wide variety of ecology ranging from freshwater wetlands to flooded paperback forests.
This section of the Coombabah Lakelands is most preferred by animal lovers. It can be accessed by turning north off the Gold Coast Highway onto Pine Ridge Rd, and then a left turn to Rain tree glen 1.3 kilometer later.
- Rain Tree glen routes here provide various tracks to cycle or walk through. If you are lucky, Koalas can be sighted. An experienced bird watcher would be able to spot 60-80 bird species on this trail alone.
- Boardwalk loop: After parking the car near the trail, you can walk through the beautiful boardwalk. This leads through the flooded paperback forest. Species like Scarlet Honeywater, Rufous Whistler and Leaden Flycatcher can be spotted here.
- Koala: Spoonbill track intersection and Koala track right bend are other things to look out for in the Eastern Section.
The Western Section is reached from Shelter Rd which is directly off the Gold Coast Highway. The main point of interest here is the Mangrove Boardwalk, which is wheelchair accessible.
- One of the highlights of Coombabah Lakelands, Mangrove boardwalk is the best during low tide. At this time, an assortment of water birds can be seen possible, including Whitefaced Heron, Little and Great Egrets, White Ibis and Royal Spoonbill.
- Lots of Eastern Grey Kangaroos welcome you by watching as you enter north of airfield which is 500 meters away from the parking.
- Koala track- parkland section is another spot to look out for in the western section.
Below we have a list of things to do in Coombabah and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Coombabah getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Coombabah with confidence.