View Point, Waterfall, Family And Kids, ...
Added 20K times in trip plans
About Catherine Falls, Coonoor
These are the second largest falls in the Nilgiris at a height of 250 feet. It is also a good trekking destination. These descending falls are encircled by tea-plantations, grand views of forest and Mettupalayam plains. Though it’s not possible to reach the foot of the waterfall but you can reach the top, also called as Dolphin’s Nose, to get the spectacular view. The place offers stunning and exquisite views of the valley. It is set in a calm environment with a gorgeous view of the falls.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coonoor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coonoor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Catherine Falls Information
- Cabs and taxis can be hired for a fixed period of time from the hiring agencies.
- Be careful on your way back if you are driving.
How To Get To Catherine Falls by Public Transport
- By rented car from city centre.
Share your experience - Rate Catherine Falls, Coonoor
Water was chill and pure. Not very deep waters. Area was bit cold even during afternoon time, it was bit rainy day. Fully occupied by boys. Sliding down the sloppy water is risky. Ladies getting in water were less. There is no separate foot path. Have to walk amount the tea plantation. difficult for old age.
The place was very awesome. But from our experience, I say that the place is a very dangerous for women, children and also aged people. No safety measures were taken to make tourists feel comfortable. Many challenges (risks) have to be taken before reaching the mesmerizing falls. Firstly you have to climb up a really big slope. Then cross a ditch leading straight down to the bottom of the estate. Then you have to walk through a really tiring maze in the estate. No indication of the falls was there until we crossed half of the estate. It was really a very critical trek down and up the estate. If it is our bad time we may have to encounter snakes or any animal filled with venom or "majestic carnivorous animals". After crossing the bid steep and scary estate, we came to its bottom and a plant really loved by snakes was there. After finishing this nightmare we reached the breathtaking view of the falls. And another thing is that the way to the falls was not indicated in sign boards. My best advice is don't visit it during rainy season. Its truly advised to visit the falls with a really experienced person. The road to the falls is situated in a unknown place. Every step should be taken very carefully. It was a really thrilling and a fabulous experience in the falls. No other place can give a experience like this . After every harsh path there is truly amazing place. This really suits the falls and the way to it. Surely amusing place to visit.
It's a wonderful place to watch 🌲🌳🌿🌿 & 🐃🐃🐒🐒🐒
Beautiful views of water cascading down the hill side. Not too many people here either, hence peaceful and serene
Such an wonderful place. Have to walk 750m through the tea estate. Water was so clear.
- Other Attractions
- Manjanggul Cave
- Hallasan National Park
- Udo Island
- Jeju Mysterious Road
- Hallim Park
- Dragon Head Rock
- Seongeup Folk Village
- Trick Art Museum Korea
- Hyeopjae Beach
- Hamdeok Beach
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Hotels Near Manjanggul Cave
- Cheap Hotels Near Hallasan National Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Udo Island
- Luxury Hotels Near Jeju Mysterious Road
- Budget Hotels Near Hallim Park
- Budget Hotels Near Dragon Head Rock
- Hotels Near Seongeup Folk Village
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Trick Art Museum Korea
- Hotels Near Hyeopjae Beach
- Budget Hotels Near Hamdeok Beach
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Coonoor
- Trip to Coonoor
- Trip to Bangalore, Munnar, Ooty, Alleppey, Coonoor, Wayanad
- Trip to Bangalore, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 1 Day Trip to Coonoor from Dhodani
- Trip to Munnar, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 2 Day Trip to Coonoor from Bangalore
- 5 Day Trip to Coonoor from Hyderabad
- Trip to Madurai, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 3 Day Trip to Coonoor from Chennai