About Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor
Dolphin’s Nose is a famous tourist spot in Coonoor. It is located about a 1000 feet above sea level. At a distance of 10 kilometers from Coonoor, it is a spectacular spot to visit. The tip of the peak resembles a Dolphin’s Nose, that’s why the name. It is visually an enormous rock formation that is unusual and unique. There are gigantic ravines found at either sides of the spot. From a distance you can also witness Catherine Falls. There’s also the complementary view of the Mettupalayam to enjoy.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coonoor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coonoor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dolphin's Nose Information
- Cabs and taxis can be hired for a fixed period of time from the hiring agencies.
How To Get To Dolphin's Nose by Public Transport
- By Bus: Adubettu Bus Stop is the nearest bus stop to this place.
- By Taxi: Coonoor Taxi and nearby auto and taxi stands.
Share your experience - Rate Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor
It's a beautiful place to visit. Beware of monkeys lots of them are there so be careful while eating. Visit as early as possible after 12pm the clouds and fog would hide the view. Parking is a bit tight and narrow road.
Lots to explore. If you go there in September lots of peaceful moments occur. Try to enjoy
Good place. Must see for all. Went in August. It was misty yet beautiful
Beautiful spot. Parking can be tricky. The approach road is narrow. Nice tea house named Oasis, near the place to chill.
Nice valley view. Sight seeing on the way to Dolphin Nose is good. You will find Bisons in the tea garden.
- Other Attractions
- Punakha Dzong
- Meri Puensum Resort
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Cheap Hotels Near Punakha City Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near Punakha Dzong
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Meri Puensum Resort
- Cheap Hotels Near Punakha Suspension Bridge
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Coonoor
- Trip to Coonoor
- Trip to Bangalore, Munnar, Ooty, Alleppey, Coonoor, Wayanad
- Trip to Bangalore, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 1 Day Trip to Coonoor from Dhodani
- Trip to Munnar, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 2 Day Trip to Coonoor from Bangalore
- Trip to Madurai, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 5 Day Trip to Coonoor from Hyderabad
- 3 Day Trip to Coonoor from Chennai