Tiger Hill Cemetery1625 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tiger Hill, TanTea Factory Road, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu 643104, India
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Cemetery, Sculpture
Tiger Hill Cemetery is a 19th century graveyard. It was primarily used by the British for their war burials. Located amidst a tea plantation, this graveyard has burials dating long back. The entrance of the cemetery has a stone gate with an arched gateway and a steeple. The memorials are simple, with a few of them having ornate designs, sculptures and beautifully written epitaphs. Though most of the burials belong to the officers of East India Company and their family members, some of them belong to the locals too. Quite a few people from abroad come here to trace their family roots.
Tiger Hill Cemetery Travel Tips
- Cabs and taxis can be hired for a fixed period of time from the hiring agencies.
Tiger Hill Cemetery Hours
- Recommended time of arrival: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to Reach Tiger Hill Cemetery
- By Bus: Blue Hills Bus Stop is the nearest bus station to this place.
- By Taxi: Coonoor Taxi and nearby auto and taxi stands
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Coonoor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coonoor and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Coonoor include Tiger Hill Cemetery in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
32.35% of people start their Tiger Hill Cemetery visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tiger Hill Cemetery
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tiger Hill Cemetery