Wellington Gymkhana Club
About Wellington Gymkhana Club, Coonoor
The Wellington Gymkhana Club (WGC) Golf Course is located near Coonoor within the Wellington Military Cantonment area. It is in a valley surrounded by tea estates. There is a lake too, wherein boating facilities are available. The climate is subtle and cool at this place and it is a great place to spend an evening out with family. Though the surrounding is very small it has children's park, hotel, shops and some even animals(caged). Evening fountains are also one of its attractions. They call it "The Lake Dance". Best spot to spend your evening - calm, clean, cheap.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coonoor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coonoor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wellington Gymkhana Club Information
- Cabs and taxis can be hired for a fixed period of time from the hiring agencies.
Wellington Gymkhana Club Tickets Prices
- Boating can be enjoyed at 100 INR for 4 members.
Wellington Gymkhana Club Opening and Closing Hours
- Boating stays open till 7:00 pm.
How To Get To Wellington Gymkhana Club by Public Transport
- By Bus: War Memorial Bus Stop is the nearest bus station to this place.
- By Taxi: Coonoor Taxi and nearby auto and taxi stands.
Share your experience - Rate Wellington Gymkhana Club, Coonoor
The most elegant place with old world charm and history. Unforgettable experience with serenity everywhere you look around, such calming effect on all senses. It is a members only club but members from affiliated clubs are also allowed to stay in those charming cottages.
This is one of the oldest clubs in India overlooking the famous golf course. It is a well maintained place which can be a lovely option to spend a few peaceful days in Wellington
Brilliant property, 18 hole golf course with very elegant cottages. Good food. They have pretty strict dress codes. Book rooms well in advance . Only for members and their guests
Most wonderful place around here. Entry is exclusive but an unforgettable experience if to want to have a drink and food. Just feel the environment here. 👏
A tucked away paradise. Natural beauty, well laid out sports and adventure facilities, military order, endearing staff and splendid F&B. Salubrious climate.
- Other Attractions
- Balaji Temple
- Athirappilly Water Falls
- Aliyar Dam
- Sholayar Reservoir
- Petra™ Family Guest House
- Monica Garden Bungalow
- Sholayar Dam
- Loam’s View Point
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Balaji Temple
- Hotels Near Marayur
- Cheap Hotels Near Athirappilly Water Falls
- Luxury Hotels Near Aliyar Dam
- Luxury Hotels Near Sholayar Reservoir
- Hotels Near Petra™ Family Guest House
- Luxury Hotels Near Monica Garden Bungalow
- Luxury Hotels Near Sholayar Dam
- Budget Hotels Near Loam’s View Point
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Coonoor
- Trip to Coonoor
- Trip to Bangalore, Munnar, Ooty, Alleppey, Coonoor, Wayanad
- Trip to Bangalore, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 1 Day Trip to Coonoor from Dhodani
- Trip to Munnar, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 2 Day Trip to Coonoor from Bangalore
- 5 Day Trip to Coonoor from Hyderabad
- Trip to Madurai, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Coonoor
- 3 Day Trip to Coonoor from Chennai