The Danish capital, Copenhagen, has grown up from the quiet girl next door, to the most vivacious and super sexy modern woman in all of Scandinavia. Funky new architecture perched gloriously at the edges of historic cobbled walk ways, and rubbing shoulders with a cultural diversity that is evident throughout the city. Safe, fascinating and romantic, the juxtaposition of Cinderella and flashes of world class metropolis, will take your breath away.
The city will leave you gasping with wonder at the kind of tourism potential it holds. Here, you'll find the Parliament (Folketing) at Christiansborg, and the residence of the Royal Family at Amalienborg. Due to its laid back culture, Copenhagen is also considered to be Scandinavia's most relaxed capital city. With those cobbled streets and historical buildings in every corner, the city exudes a distinctly European feel, a friendly street-life, and unique café culture that will make you want to return time and time again. The best way to explore the city is to wander it at your leisure. You can easily sense that nautical vibe everywhere in the city as it is reflected in the colorful shore-side homes of Nyhavn and tall ships docked along the quays.
Today, the city is home to a great number of cutting-edge restaurants that includes the world-renowned such as Noma. The city stands out for being the capital of one of the happiest places on Earth and is a traveller’s paradise for a number of attractions that it harbours in its landscape. For those, who want to enjoy the Danish food culture and the New Nordic Cuisine, this city definitely proves to be a haven. Copenhagen also opens up vitas of Danish countryside bestowed with its many thousands of kilometres of coastline. Much said, the city is definitely the one that defines the contours of travel and tourism today. Each one of you should visit Copenhagen at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Copenhagen.
Essential travel information and Copenhagen tips for your visit
· Time Zone: Copenhagen follows the UTC/GMT +2 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
· Currency: The currency operational in Copenhagen is Danish Kroner(DKK).
· Electricity: For the most part, electrical sockets (outlets) in the Kingdom of Denmark (Kongeriget Denmark) are their own standard, the "Type K" Danish SRAF 1962/DB. Also reported to be in use is the "Type C" European CEE 7/16 Europlug.
· Internet: There is a good selection of companies offering broadband internet access and the level of competition serves to keep prices low. Some of the bigger suppliers are TDC and Tele2. Cybercafés are available throughout Copenhagen.
· Language: The predominant language spoken in Copenhagen is Danish.
· Emergency contacts: Emergency – 112, Police- 114, Tourist Information: +45 70 22 24 42, Medical Help: 1813
· Be prepared for lots of rain in Copenhagen. So, keep umbrella always ready.
· Cook your meals – Eating out in Denmark is not cheap and since Danish food isn’t going to win any great culinary awards, you won’t miss much by cooking your own food.
· The Danish rail system offers cheap tickets via their online website called “Orange tickets.” They are only available via the website and you have to print out the ticket before you board the train. These tickets though offer cheap seats a third of the cost of what you can buy at the railway station.
Copenhagen Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Copenhagen. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Copenhagen trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Copenhagen
The Copenhagen Culinary Experience Food Tour
4 Hrs581 Reviews
2 Hours Copenhagen Segway Tour
2 Hrs379 Reviews
Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
8 Hrs 30 Mins824 Reviews
Copenhagen Card DISCOVER 80 attractions and public transport
5 Days986 Reviews
Copenhagen Bus and Boat ticket, Valid 48 Hours
3-Hour Private City Walking Tour with a Canal Tour ticket
4 Hrs10 Reviews