Charlottenborg PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Nyhavn 2, 1051 København K, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +45-33134022
- Ticket Price: 60 DKK
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Located at the heart of Copenhagen, Kunsthal Charlottenborg is the official exhibition space for the Royal Danish Academy of Art. The palace itself dates back to the late 17th century and served as a residence to Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve- the lead general during the Scanian War. The palace was designed in baroque style and has a library of fine arts that is an attraction in itself.
In the 18th century, Queen Charlotte Amalie bought this place and since then the palace is named after her. Today, the art life of Copenhagen is incomplete without this place- the highlight being the spring exhibition. For architecture lovers, the courtyard offers a stunning view of the whole palace with beautiful creepers gracing its walls and along with its café, the place offers one of the few pleasures of seeing history merge with the modern times.
- Adults: DKK 60
- Students / seniors: DKK 40
- Groups (minimum 10 people): DKK 40
- Children under 16 years: free
- Wednesday: free admission after 5.00 pm
- From March 27 to April 21, admission to the kunsthal will be half price.
- Annual Card: DKK 150 (An annual Card gives you free admission and 10% when buying Kunsthal Charlottenborg’s publications)
- Politiken Plus: 25% discount on admission
- Free admission for Copenhagen Card Holders
Guided tours for groups:
- Tuesday – Friday: DKK 600
- Weekends and holidays: DKK 700
- School classes: DKK 450
- Timings of trending exhibits vary. For more information, visit the official website.
- Call up the place for group tour reservations.
- By Metro/ Subway: Kongens Nytorv
- By Bus: Kongens Nytorv (Holmens Kanal)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.47% of people who visit Copenhagen include Charlottenborg Palace in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
57.14% of people start their Charlottenborg Palace visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Charlottenborg Palace
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Charlottenborg Palace
Great spot and often worth a visit, many events, talks, installations, a place with character.
I have visited an interesting art and architecture exxibition. Beautiful building and courtyard.
Lovly place. My very best place in CPH. Food is delicious.
Charlottenburg is always a nice Place to walk by.
Very grateful for the timely attendance on change of guards. The palace guards here are dressed in black compared to the red ones at Buckingham Palace. Beautiful, solid, regal and historical! The Danish palace has the advantage of being so so close to the water !