Charlottenborg Palace, Copenhagen
About Charlottenborg Palace, Copenhagen
Charlottenborg Palace, Copenhagen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Nyhavn 2, 1051 København K
Ticket Price: 60 DKK
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5 times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located at the heart of Copenhagen, Kunsthal Charlottenborg is the official exhibition space for the Royal Danish Academy of Art. The palace itself dates back to the late 17th century and served as a residence to Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve- the lead general during the Scanian War. The palace was designed in baroque style and has a library of fine arts that is an attraction in itself.
In the 18th century, Queen Charlotte Amalie bought this place and since then the palace is named after her. Today, the art life of Copenhagen is incomplete without this place- the highlight being the spring exhibition. For architecture lovers, the courtyard offers a stunning view of the whole palace with beautiful creepers gracing its walls and along with its café, the place offers one of the few pleasures of seeing history merge with the modern times.
Charlottenborg Palace Ticket Prices
- Adults: DKK 60
- Students / seniors: DKK 40
- Groups (minimum 10 people): DKK 40
- Children under 16 years: free
- Wednesday: free admission after 5.00 pm
- From March 27 to April 21, admission to the kunsthal will be half price.
- Annual Card: DKK 150 (An annual Card gives you free admission and 10% when buying Kunsthal Charlottenborg’s publications)
- Politiken Plus: 25% discount on admission
- Free admission for Copenhagen Card Holders
Guided tours for groups:
- Tuesday – Friday: DKK 600
- Weekends and holidays: DKK 700
- School classes: DKK 450
Charlottenborg Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings of trending exhibits vary. For more information, visit the official website.
- Call up the place for group tour reservations.
How To reach Charlottenborg Palace by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Kongens Nytorv
- By Bus: Kongens Nytorv (Holmens Kanal)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Charlottenborg Palace, Copenhagen Reviews - Write a Review
It's not one of the bigger museums in the city but its contemporary collection with a strong focus on the bigger issues the world faces today left a truly lasting impression on me. 5+ stars!! This museum does what many try but few really get right. It shows art with a message without being preachy or high-blown.
Had a good experience if the contemporary art Scene of Copenhagen at the time. From a photographer taking about his work to some experimental art.
Contemporary private museum. Currently outside is the a installations from the Chinese activist and artists Ai Wei Wei
Enjoyed the current exhibitions even though I'm not a great fan of modern art. Free entry on Wednesdays after 17:00.
Definitely worth a stop in this centrally located museum. Nice atmosphere and terrasse. Exhibitions are varied and stimulating.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ryesgade 42
- Peder Lykkes Vej 93
- Dragør Municipality
- Bredgade 21
- Copenhagen Harbor
- Øresundsvej 47a
- Copenhagen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Copenhagen