Copenhagen Opera House, Copenhagen
About Copenhagen Opera House, Copenhagen
Copenhagen Opera House, Copenhagen - Address, Phone Number
Address: Ekvipagemestervej 10, 1438 København K, Denmark
Time Required: 01:15 Hrs
Added 810 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture , Opera House
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Copenhagen Opera House was completed in 2004 and in 2005 Copenhagen found one of its most prestigious venue for the Royal Opera House and the Royal Opera Playhouse.
The ultra modern building was designed by Henning Larsen and Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller- forming the perfect partnership to solve architectural problems while still keeping in sync with its ground-breaking design. The floor to ceiling glass windows, use of Jura Gelb limestone, canals that separated the building from the surrounding and bridges made from Oak trees, only scratch the surface of its architectural style.
The place consist of a 6 main stage (1 for performances and 5 for rehearsals) and an experimental theatre space (fondly called ‘Black Box’ or ‘Takkelloftet’). The place uses state-of-the-art technology to make the most of Opera and Ballet and also has a movable ballet floor, stage elevators and some of the best acoustically designed spaces in the world. When here, don’t forget to take a backstage tour of the Opera House- a delight for curious visitors!
Copenhagen Opera House Information
- Tickets can be bought over the phone, online or at the Opera house 2 hours before a the performance.
- Other Contact detailed : +45 33696933
Copenhagen Opera House Ticket Prices
- Group entrance for The Opera House tour (fees for up to 30 visitors): DKK 2.500 per person
Copenhagen Opera House Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided group tours for The Opera House: arranged daily on reservation at 9:30, 10.00 am, 4:30 and 5.00 pm
- For timings of trending shows and tours of The Royal Theatre, visit the official website.
Box office at The Old Stage:
- Open daily from 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm
- On days with performances the box office stays open until the performance begins.
The Royal Opera House and The Royal Playhouse Box Office: only open on the day of the performance, 2 hours prior to the trending performance.
Opening hours for telephone inquires:
- Monday-Friday: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Closed: Saturday, Sunday and on Holidays
How To reach Copenhagen Opera House by Public Transport
- By Metro: Christianshavn St. (Metro) (1.8 kilometers away)
- By Bus: Opera/ Operaen
- By Ferry: at Opera/ Operaen
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Copenhagen Opera House, Copenhagen Reviews - Write a Review
Wonderful opera house! The sound is 100% natural, no microphones. Also, the ceiling is covered in 24 carat gold because it reflects the sounds better. 30 minutes before the show starts there's an introduction to the opera or play.
A special building. It is certainly distinct. But I'm not sure I find it actually beautiful and appealing. However the inside is definitely more beautiful than the outside and the functional architecture of the building is very great
The building itself is one of the best architectures I've seen so far. Great seats. A little too pricy (tickets and the drinks at the bar). I've seen the 2017 production of Rigoletto, which was not my taste.
It's such a shame that the Opera house has such a bad service - huge lines in the coffee/bar and impolite employees in the wardrobes. I stayed 10 mins in the line to pick up my jacket and when I finally got there the woman refused to pick it for me because I was in the wrong line - how should I know! It was my husband who delivered the jackets, I didn't see where he delivered and the line was so big that I couldn't see where was A, B, C. When I tried to reason with her she started yelling at me in front of everybody. Very humiliating. It's really a shame because I really like the opera house. I think it's a beautiful and the performances are stunning. The actors and musicians are extremely professional and deliver the best but the adm staff on the other hand...
A different and magnificent structure. Long view is much beautiful than closer and interior
- Nearby Attractions
- Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen
- Rådhuspladsen (københavn)
- Copenhagen Street Food
- Fitness Dk - Adelgade
- Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen
- Baisikeli Dybbølsbro
- Royal Smushi Cafe
- Canal Tours Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Copenhagen