Copenhagen Opera House1108 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ekvipagemestervej 10, 1438 København K, Denmark, Copenhagen
- Phone: +45-33696969
- Time Required: 01:15 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture , Opera House
The Copenhagen Opera House was completed in 2004 and in 2005 Copenhagen found one of its most prestigious venue for the Royal Opera House and the Royal Opera Playhouse.
The ultra modern building was designed by Henning Larsen and Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller- forming the perfect partnership to solve architectural problems while still keeping in sync with its ground-breaking design. The floor to ceiling glass windows, use of Jura Gelb limestone, canals that separated the building from the surrounding and bridges made from Oak trees, only scratch the surface of its architectural style.
The place consist of a 6 main stage (1 for performances and 5 for rehearsals) and an experimental theatre space (fondly called ‘Black Box’ or ‘Takkelloftet’). The place uses state-of-the-art technology to make the most of Opera and Ballet and also has a movable ballet floor, stage elevators and some of the best acoustically designed spaces in the world. When here, don’t forget to take a backstage tour of the Opera House- a delight for curious visitors! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Copenhagen itinerary 2 days.
Copenhagen Opera House Travel Tips
- Tickets can be bought over the phone, online or at the Opera house 2 hours before a the performance.
- Other Contact detailed : +45 33696933
Entrance Ticket Details For Copenhagen Opera House
- Group entrance for The Opera House tour (fees for up to 30 visitors): DKK 2.500 per person
Copenhagen Opera House Hours
- Guided group tours for The Opera House: arranged daily on reservation at 9:30, 10.00 am, 4:30 and 5.00 pm
- For timings of trending shows and tours of The Royal Theatre, visit the official website.
Box office at The Old Stage:
- Open daily from 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm
- On days with performances the box office stays open until the performance begins.
The Royal Opera House and The Royal Playhouse Box Office: only open on the day of the performance, 2 hours prior to the trending performance.
Opening hours for telephone inquires:
- Monday-Friday: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Closed: Saturday, Sunday and on Holidays
How to Reach Copenhagen Opera House
- By Metro: Christianshavn St. (Metro) (1.8 kilometers away)
- By Bus: Opera/ Operaen
- By Ferry: at Opera/ Operaen
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.39% of people who visit Copenhagen include Copenhagen Opera House in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
27.8% of people start their Copenhagen Opera House visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Copenhagen Opera House
85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Copenhagen Opera House