Grundtvigs Kirken, Copenhagen
About Grundtvigs Kirken, Copenhagen
Grundtvigs Kirken, Copenhagen - Address, Phone Number
Address: At Mount (På Bjerget) 14B, 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 421 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in the memory of NFS Grundtvig, a famous Danish pastor, author, poet, philosopher, historian and politician, the Grundtvig Church is loved for its Expressionist style of architecture and was conceptualised by Jensen-Klint's design who incorporated traditional Danish village churches with traditional building techniques incorporated in its geometric forms and a hint of Gothic architecture that adorns its design.
The west facet of the place resembles a church organ and has a 49 meters bell tower. Do take time to see the nave of the church that was inspired from stepped gables, known to be traditionally used in Danish churches.
The interiors of the church shine due to its sheer Gothic influences and has two aisles and a nave. The high ceiling of the church truly adds to the church’s grandeur while the yellow brick construction stays true to its Danish roots.
When here, don’t miss out on the yellow brick construction- another highlight in itself.
Grundtvigs Kirken Ticket Prices
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
Grundtvigs Kirken Opening and Closing Hours
- Visiting hours: Sunday. 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm during Winter; 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm during summer.
- Tuesday: 8.00 am- 12.00 pm
- Wednesday-Friday. 9.00 am -1.00 pm(Thursday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm; 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm).
- Monday closed
How To reach Grundtvigs Kirken by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bispebjerg Hospital (Tuborgvej)
- By Train: at Emdrup St.
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grundtvigs Kirken, Copenhagen Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful church, that is stunning on the inside. I would well recommend a visit to admire the impressive building.
beautiful church, the reason of i went to copenhagen even just for one day.
This is great!!! This church was built in honor of my 5th great uncle. I would have never been able to see it without this as I'm poor and can't travel:-)
The church is open for visitors Tuesday-Saturdag between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm (Thursday until 6.00 pm). The church is closed on Mondays.
Really unique style church which I've ever seen. Minimal but awesome.
- Nearby Attractions
- Gustaf Church
- Post And Tele Museum
- Jarmers Taarn
- St. Jacob's Church
- The Royal Reception Rooms
- Ruins Under Christiansborg Palace
- The Royal Stables At Christiansborg Palace
- Georg Brandes Monument
- Kronborg Castle
- Copenhagen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Copenhagen