About Holmen, Copenhagen
Holmen, Copenhagen - Address
Address: Holmen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Added 6 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located on the former location of the Royal Navy Base, Holmen is a neighbourhood in Copenhagen that is surrounded by water. The naval base was moved to Gammelholm and soon many projects and ideas were suggested for this land. In the early 20th century, the place was transformed to a district of Copenhagen with a melange of residential complexes, business area and educational institutes forming a strong threshold here.
The area is popular for being home to the Central guardhouse, Masting Sheer and Plan Building and the ships like The Royal Yacht and the Georg Stage and the Museum ships (a collection of naval ships from the Cold War).
The famous Danish Design School, the Architecture School, the Rhythmic Music Conservatory and the Danish Film School are located here and form some of the most notable institutes in the country. The whole district supplements the city of Copenhagen and its deep roots that are a pleasure to explore!
Visit the neighbourhood to explore the old buildings and truly absorb yet another of the city’s many highlights!
Holmen Ticket Prices
- Admission prices of individual attractions in the neighbourhood vary
Holmen Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings of individual attractions in the neighbourhood vary.
- Recommended time of arrival: 10.00 am – 3.00 pm
How To reach Holmen by Public Transport
- By Metro: Christianshavn St. (Metro) (1.6 kilometers away)
- By Bus: Fabrikmestervej (Danneskiold-Samsøes Allé)
- By Ferry: Opera/ Operaen
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Holmen, Copenhagen Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Restaurant Peder Oxe
- Mello Yello Bar & Restaurang
- Bæst Cocktailbar
- Makke Kafe
- Restaurant Ida Davidsen
- Anløbssted Netto Bådene
- Børsen (københavn)
- Copenhagen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Copenhagen