How to Reach Copenhagen
How to reach Copenhagen
HOW TO GET TO COPENHAGEN
- By Air: Copenhagen's Kastrup Airport is the centre for Scandinavia's largest international carrier SAS — Scandinavian Airlines. The airport receives flights from almost all the countries in Europe and others.
- By Train: Links between the capital and the rest of the country are frequent and excellent. There are several trains each hour to Malmö and further to Lund and Gothenburg.
- By Bus: There are bus connections that connect that connect the city to the rest of Scandinavia. Buses are cheaper as well.
HOW TO GET AROUND COPENHAGEN
- Cycling: The most popular way to get around in Copenhagen is by bicycle, almost half the locals use their bikes every day to commute. The city is very organized for cyclists, and there are plenty of free public city-bikes available at pick up points throughout the city.
- Boat: Canal tours are very popular, with their hop on hop off tour systems. The tours travel right through the inner harbor and canals in the city, and an excellent way to see the sights.
- The Zone System: All public transport systems in all of Denmark operate on a zone system. With a multiple-zone ticket you will be able to travel through the zone, you bought the ticket in, over to another zone, on all types of public transport. You can travel on all trains, Metro and buses, as the ticket price determines the time you may use the ticket, from 1 hour and more. Children under 11 travel free with a paying adult.
- Copenhagen Card: This card offers you free transport throughout the region on all public transport, as well as free admission to more than 60 places of interest, museums and heritage sites. Most places of interest are closed on Sundays and Mondays, so this card would be better during the week. Purchase for 24 or 72 hours at a time.
Modes of Transportation in Copenhagen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Copenhagen. The most preferred mode of transport in Copenhagen is Bike.
Average distance: 12.5 km Average time: 30.9 min
Bike 42%Bike 21.71 min Walking 0.05 min Overall average time for 6.73 kms 21.76 min
Car 14%Driving 35 min Walking 0.14 min Overall average time for 23.71 kms 35.14 min
Walking 12%Walking 17.5 min Waiting 6.67 min Bike 4.17 min Other 2.5 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 2.15 kms 32.5 min
Train/Metro 16%Train 26.25 min Bus 5.63 min Waiting 5.63 min Walking 5.13 min Overall average time for 27.44 kms 42.63 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12%Bus 23 min Walking 9.33 min Waiting 6.33 min Train 2 min Overall average time for 10 kms 40.67 min