Kobenhavns RadhusCurrently Closed
- Address: Rådhuspladsen 1, 1599 København V, Denmark, 1550, Copenhagen
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +45-33663366
- Fax: +45-33123504
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Hall, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
With the kilometre stone showing a ‘zero’ here, the Copenhagen City Hall marks the absolute heart of Copenhagen. The whole building was completed by early 20th century and was designed by architect Martin Nyrop who embraced the National Romantic style and design to justify the richly embellished structure with a clock tower peaking to its left. The tower stands tall at more than 105 metres and can be spotted even from a distance.
Today, the city hall marks an important cultural centre in Copenhagen and is best explored by taking a guided tour to unravel its stories.
- The Absalon relief
- The Clock tower with a functional clock that dates back to 1905 and chimes every quarter of an hour. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Copenhagen itinerary 2 days.
- Monday- Friday: 50 DKK per person
- Saturday: DKK 50
Tower tour prices: DKK 30
For prices of trending events, visit the official website.
- Monday- Friday: at 10.00 am and at 3.00 pm in Danish; at 1.00 pm in English
- Saturday: at 10.00 am in English, at 11.00 am in Danish
Tour to the Tower:
- Monday- Friday: at 11.00 am and at 2.00 pm
- Saturday: at 12.00 pm
- By Subway: Norreport (2 kilometers away)
- By Train: Copenhagen Central Station/ Kobenhavns Hovedbanegard
- By Bus: Radhuspladsen (H.C. Andersens Boulevard)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.08% of people who visit Copenhagen include Kobenhavns Radhus in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.86% of people start their Kobenhavns Radhus visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kobenhavns Radhus
68.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kobenhavns Radhus
Copenhagen's City Hall almost looks a bit like a castle on the outside! The city hall is free to visit. Upon entering, you'll have a chance to take a look at Jens Olsen's World Clock! Inside, the City Hall is lovely and you're able to walk through some parts of the City Hall's upper levels if you wish.
I thought this was a spectacular building overlooking the harbour. Wonderful architecture on the outside. Free entry. It has a majestic centre hall. Beautiful. At the end of the hall are large windows with grand views of the harbour. I took lots of pictures. Toilets are in the basement. From here a short walk to the National Art Gallery. Also, the trendy Aker Brygge area & harbour, with it's fantastic restaurants, is a short walk away.
Free to visit the hall, it’s stunning. The main hall has exhibitions from time to time. There’s a small fee to be escorted to the top of the tower. They do it in groups and the last round is at 2 pm. Being one of the tallest structures in Copenhagen, the tower provides spectacular views of city.
Just do IT,, you will love it - I have been in this place over the years more times. And like this place, it is a part of a good story about Copenhagen and it is a must to see it. If you like old buildings, old story's and new, then go here and you will love it. Btw it is good on a Danish raining day ;-)
Really beautiful place! Great for quick weddings 😅