Moelleaaen13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mølleåen, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark, Copenhagen Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: River
Located 20 kilometres away from Copenhagen, Moelleaaen is a small river that is loved for the valley it cuts. The beautiful river fills Furesø (the deepest lake in the country with a depth of 38 meters) an dates back to the Viking period when it was used to power mills. During the middle ages, a construction of dam increased its flow and with the onset of the 17th century, the river was banked by many small industries of textiles, paper and ornaments. Around 1950’s most of them were shut down.
Today the river is banked by many historic mansions and country houses- offering an ambience like no other place around Copenhagen.
- Mansions like Farumgard (dates back to the early 18th century and loved for its Rococo style of architecture), Sophienholm, Næsseslottet (dates back to the late 18th century) and the gorgeous Sorgenfri Palace.
- Brede Works Mill and Lyngby Mill
- The wildlife and lush green terrain that covers the banks apt for a small hike.
Moelleaaen Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and food.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
How to Reach Moelleaaen
- By Train: Lyngby Lokal St.
- By Bus: Lyngby Molle (Lyngby Hovedgade)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Moelleaaen Address: Mølleåen, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark, Copenhagen
- Moelleaaen Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Moelleaaen: 06:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.18% of people who visit Copenhagen include Moelleaaen in their plan
22.22% of people start their Moelleaaen visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Moelleaaen
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moelleaaen
People normally club together Tage Andersen and Bispebjerg Cemetery while planning their visit to Moelleaaen.
People also prefer to end their day with Moelleaaen.