Oestre Gasvaerk Teater37 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nyborggade 17, 2100 København Ø, Denmark, Copenhagen Map
- Phone: +45-39279111
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Stage Show, Theatre
The Oestre Gasvaerk Teater dates back to 1883 when the place was opened as Copenhagen’s second gasworks when the city’s first gasworks could not keep up with the growing need of Gas.
Today, the Gaswork functions as a Theatre and right from the minimal-rustic architecture to the concrete interiors- the place spins magic during its performances. The theatre itself is constructed in the shell of the Gaswork building and was designed by Martin Nyrop – a famous architect who has also designed the City hall. During the 1970’s, the place was closed down and used as a storage place for the Royal Theatre to reopen again in 1979. The first in-house production of the theatre was A Midsummer Night’s Dream originally written by William Shakespeare in 1986 and since then the place has been arranging performances of classic as well as contemporary plays.
If you love theatre and performance, make sure you don’t miss out on any trending shows when in Copenhagen.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oestre Gasvaerk Teater
- For ticket prices of the trending shows, visit the official website.
Oestre Gasvaerk Teater Hours
- For timings of the trending shows, visit the official website.
How to Reach Oestre Gasvaerk Teater
- By Train: Nordhavn
- By Bus: Svendborggade (Strandboulevarden)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Oestre Gasvaerk Teater Address: Nyborggade 17, 2100 København Ø, Denmark, Copenhagen
- Oestre Gasvaerk Teater Contact Number: +45-39279111
- Time required to visit Oestre Gasvaerk Teater: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.53% of people who visit Copenhagen include Oestre Gasvaerk Teater in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40.91% of people start their Oestre Gasvaerk Teater visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oestre Gasvaerk Teater
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oestre Gasvaerk Teater
People normally club together Sct. Ansgars Church and Great Synagogue while planning their visit to Oestre Gasvaerk Teater.