Are you looking for what to do in Copenhagen?
THINGS TO DO IN COPENHAGEN
- Danish National Art Gallery: Home to art work by Picasso, Matisse and Rembrant. Free entrance.
- Experimentarium: Hands on science museum, perfect for kids, interesting and entertaining. Children under 2 are free.
- Bakken Amusement Park: An evening, or afternoon-Games, rides, competitions, dancing and live music, restaurants and cafes. For all ages. Entrance is free.
- Tivoli Gardens: The most prominent attraction of the city, Tivoli Gardens is a cultural wonderland replete of amusement as well as a historical preserve.
- Rosenborg Castle: This is a royal hermitage set in the King’s Garden and features 400 years of splendor, royal art treasures and the Crown Jewels and Royal Regalia.
- Rundetarn: Built in 17th century, this tower is an observatory which is also the oldest one in Europe.
- The Little Mermaid: Built at Langelinje Pier, this is a sculpture of The Little Mermaid made of bronze and granite and was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale about a mermaid who gives up everything to be united with a young, handsome prince on land.
- Christiansborg Palace: Located on the tiny island of Slotsholmen, this palace contains the Danish Parliament Folketinget, the Supreme Court, and the Ministry of State.
- National Museum of Denmark: Visit this museum that houses the exhibitions from the Stone Age, the Viking Age, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and Modern Danish History.
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek: Spend some time in this art museum that houses works from the Mediterranean cradle of Western culture, the other of Danish and French art from the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The Amalienborg Museum: When in Copenhagen, marvel at one of the greatest works of Danish Rococco architecture that was constructed in the 1700's.
- Church of Our Saviour, Copenhagen: Apart from its beautiful architecture, this Baroque church is known for its winding staircase that leads to the top so as to offer magnificent views of the city.
- National Gallery of Denmark: The National Gallery of Denmark (Statens Museum for Kunst) is Denmark’s largest art museum and features outstanding collections of Danish and international art from the past seven centuries.
- Frederik's Church: This marble church definitely inspires awe with its copper green dome that renders this structure to be one of the most impressive in Copenhagen.
- Dyrehavsbakken:This 431 years old amusement park offers you a fun filled experience with its 33 roller coasters, ferris wheels, drop towers, and many more exciting and extreme adventures.
- Grand Theatre: Get acquainted with the cultural scene of Copenhagen with this theatre that is also one of the oldest in the capital.
- Langelinie: A pier, a promenade and a park that is also the home of the statue of The Little Mermaid.
- Copenhagen Zoo: A special place for kids where they can see Elephants, hippos, lions, monkeys and polar bears.
- Rosenborg Castle Gardens: Take out some time to take a stroll in the oldest and one of the most visited parks in central Copenhagen. The park also contains several other historical buildings, including Rosenborg Barracks, home to the Royal Guards, as well as a high number of statues and monuments.
Pubs and Nightlife
- Copenhagen Jazzhouse: Local and international jazz musicians perform here. Big disco party kicks in at midnight.
- Cafe Norden: Loud, buzzing with tourists and very popular with the locals. World class barmen.
- Heidis Bier Bar: Locally and international brewed beer, with more than 30 to choose from. Cocktails and shooters. A good place to start the party.
- Disko Dasko: Big nightclub, 4 different floors, live DJ’s, chill out room, 3 bars, they give great attention to their patrons. House music.
- Fisketorvet Shopping Centre: New, situated near the harbour on the edges of the city centure. Lots of modern shops.
- Waterfront Shopping mall: 8000 square metres of retail therapy, entertainment and gym and fitness centres.
Below we have a list of things to do in Copenhagen and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Copenhagen getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Copenhagen with confidence.