Thorvaldsens Museum785 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bertel Thorvaldsens Plads 2, 1213 København K, Copenhagen, Denmark Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +45-33321532
- Ticket Price: 60 DKK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Sculpture
Dedicated to sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen, the Thorvaldsens Museum has some of the best works of the artist and is loved for its collection of sculptures, paintings, sketches, graphic art, medals, personal belongings, letters, personal books and porcelain artefacts. The museum is also the burial place of the artist.
Start you visit from the inner courtyard where the artist was laid down and proceed to see the Egyptian accents including trapezoidal doors and traditional colours. The whole museum is filled with bronze, plaster and marble sculptures along with Greek, Egyptian and Roman paintings, drawing and prints collected by the artist during his travel around the world! Rome was where Bertel Thorvaldsen lived and worked for most of his life and the collection shows just that!
Some of the highlights include:
- ‘The Three Graces with Cupid’ sculpture
- The Cupid’ sculpture
- ‘The Shepherd’ sculpture
- ‘Young Girl Dancing’ sculpture
- A portrait of the artist painted by Floriano Pietrocola
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Copenhagen itinerary 2 days.
Entrance Ticket Details For Thorvaldsens Museum
- Adults: DKK 60
- Students: DKK 45
- Youths and children under 18: free
- Annual pass: DKK 180
- Free admission to the Museum on Wednesdays.
How to Reach Thorvaldsens Museum
- By Metro: Kongens Nytorv
- By Bus: Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet (Vindebrogade)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Thorvaldsens Museum Address: Bertel Thorvaldsens Plads 2, 1213 København K, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Thorvaldsens Museum Contact Number: +45-33321532
- Thorvaldsens Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Thorvaldsens Museum Price: 60 DKK
- Time required to visit Thorvaldsens Museum: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
11.08% of people who visit Copenhagen include Thorvaldsens Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.3% of people start their Thorvaldsens Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Thorvaldsens Museum
70.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thorvaldsens Museum
People normally club together Church Of Our Saviour and Central Station while planning their visit to Thorvaldsens Museum.