Vor Frue Kirke, Copenhagen
About Vor Frue Kirke, Copenhagen
Vor Frue Kirke, Copenhagen - Address, Phone Number
Address: Nørregade 8, 1165 København K, Denmark
Time Required: 00:40 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 780 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Church of Our Lady - Copenhagen Cathedral was founded in 1817 by King Frederik VI and since then many churches were built on this very site. The current church dates back to 1829 and was designed by Christian Frederik Hansen. The church has been the location for many important historic events- the wedding of the nine-year old daughter of King Valdemar Atterdag who later became Queen Margrethe I, took place here!
The exterior of the church is rather contrasting with its pristine interiors. The church stands tall with its brown colour contrasting with the copper gold of the clocks displayed on the church tower.
The neoclassical style of the church stands out and along with the 12 apostles (created by Thorvaldsen), the minimal circular chandeliers and the stunning altar that showcases Jesus rising from his tomb, make a visit here a treat for architecture fanatics.
Vor Frue Kirke Ticket Prices
- Free entry but donations are welcome.
Vor Frue Kirke Opening and Closing Hours
Sightseeing / Tourism hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
- Friday: 8.30 am – 10.30 am & 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm
- Saturday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
- Sunday: 12.00 pm – 4.30 pm
How To reach Vor Frue Kirke by Public Transport
- By Metro/ Subway: Norreport
- By Bus: Krystalgade (Norregade)
- By Train: at Norreport Station
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Copenhagen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Copenhagen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Vor Frue Kirke, Copenhagen Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bageriet Brød
- Ørsted Ølbar
- Mc. Kluud
- Johns Hotdog Deli
- Restaurant Marv & Ben
- Restaurant Bror
- Hija De Sanchez
- Skagen Trade K/s
- Skt. Peder's Bageri
- Copenhagen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Copenhagen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Copenhagen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Copenhagen