Iglesia CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Plaza San Martin, Independencia 64, Cordoba, Argentina
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 54351-4223446
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Built for over 200 years, this Catedral is a unification of styles of different famous architects of those times and is a beautiful structure that will grasp your eye sight and keep it hooked. It is adored by a classic Romanesque dome and overlooks the plaza San Martin. The ravishing exterior structure is not the only thing to admire, but the lavish interiors that come from the renowned painter Emilio Caraffa are a reason good enough to be here!
There are many monuments are aesthetically done art findings inside the caterdal. Some of them must see include the presbytery, the altarpieces cruise, the pulpit, the courtyard and alley, the bell tower
- The Cathedral looks awesome in both the day and the night. So there is no preferred time to catch up this beauty. Being in centre of the town, this caterdal can be visited multiple times.
- Guided tours are available at 9.00 am and 3.15 pm from the Pasaje Santa Catalina 61, the northern entry.
- By fetching the local bus, renting a car or by foot.
- This caterdral is easily accessible by all means.
- El Solar de Tejeda Restaurante
- La Perla
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cordoba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cordoba and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Cordoba include Iglesia Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
36.36% of people start their Iglesia Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Iglesia Cathedral
59.57% of people prefer walking in order to reach Iglesia Cathedral
From the outside, specially from the front (San Martin plaza) it doesn't look like much, but from the inside it has very rich details and a richer story. We arrived in the midst of a Sunday mass so we just watched until it was over (beautiful ceremony, by the way) and we could amble around and look at everything closer. The architectural details are impressive: very beautiful murals and ceiling paintings, and sculptures and everything. Also, there are interpretative panels at the front that tell the story of the church. When inside, look for the smaller spire at the top of the main dome and look inside it, it's quite interesting. Frpm the outside, I recommend moving over from the front to its right side (Pasaje Santa Catalina) and looking at the church from there, much more interesting than the view from the front.
Incredible, just incredible.
Great architecture and wonderful location.
Beautiful cathedral! Hermosa catedral!
what is the price to get in it says nothing and i want to know