Cordoba is a sepia coloured Spanish town, drenched in iconic history and a celebration of everything Spanish. A glorious example of religious harmony, monuments like the Mezquita transport you to times when religions co-existed and collectively influenced an incredible marriage of architectural designs and cultural pot pourri.
Situated beside the Rio Guadalquivir River, Cordoba exists in narrow cobblestone alleys and flower-lined patios that will soothe your soul and make you fall in love with this wonderland the minute you set foot here. Travel to Cordoba is truly a travel back in time where life was laid back and people were friendly.
The old Jewish quarter is where you will lose yourself in the labyrinth of plazas with their extraordinary setting; fountains adorned with mythical statues and surrounded by picturesque Spanish balconies. What your Cordoba tourist guide will not be able to explain to you is that Cordoba is really a feeling; it makes you imagine how it would have been to live in an equal world and leaves you feeling warm and hopeful.
Cordoba has handled its touristic fame with much class and humility, it makes you feel right at home with its warm sunshine and old world charm. The tapas bars and restaurants are typically Andalusian, serving some of the best Spanish fare that your mouth would have ever tasted.
There’s so much to look forward to in this Spanish fiesta; like a page out of a medieval fairytale, Cordoba is truly a traveller’s dream come true. Your Cordoba trip is sure to be one of your most memorable journeys of a lifetime!
Essential travel information and Cordoba tips for your visit
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Rioja wine, sherry, turron (nougat), leather goods, ceramics, and espadrilles are good buys when in Andalusia
- In local cuisine, try the Paella, Spanish omelette (tortilla), spicy chorizo sausage, sangria, tapas, and gazpacho (chilled vegetable soup).
- When visiting a religious place like the Mezquita, dress conservatively.
- Carry small change with you always. You might need it if you are going to use public toilets or buy water.
- There is a lot of walking needed in Cordoba, carry comfortable shoes, sunglasses and cotton clothes to protect from heat.
Cordoba Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Cordoba. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Cordoba trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cordoba
Gardens & Fortress of Catholic Monarchs Tickets & Guided Tour
4 Hrs38 Reviews
Cordoba Walking Tour with Arabian Baths Experience
3 Hrs197 Reviews
Cordoba Day Trip from Seville
9 Hrs419 Reviews