Great Cathedral And Mosque, Cordoba
About Great Cathedral And Mosque, Cordoba
Great Cathedral And Mosque, Cordoba - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 13.3K times in trip plans
Mosque, Observatory, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This grand edifice built in the 10th century has the unique distinction of being a mosque and a cathedral. The interiors are spacious , incredibly spiritual and peaceful. The mosque-cathedral exhibits the amalgamation of Islamic and Christian architecture and since it took more than 250 years to complete, it also represents the changing styles and tastes over the centuries. A revolutionary building, both in terms of design and scale, the Mezquita is a symbol of religious tolerance that was common during that time.
Tastefully designed with a brilliant use of stone, brick and marble, the cupolas of the Mezquita look absolutely magical with sunlight dancing in them. The building is full design marvels such as the ceiling that is carved with a single piece of marble or the red and white stripe effect in the arches that make this monument a thing of wonder.
Great Cathedral And Mosque Information
- The use of an audio guide and map is recommended so that it is easier for you to navigate around and understand in detail the history of this monument.
- Dress conservatively.
- If visiting independently, it’s better to visit in the morning before the coach trips arrive.
Great Cathedral And Mosque Ticket Prices
- For children (10 to 14 years), entry fee is 4€, children under 10 years enter free.
- Tickets in combination with guided tour of Alcazar, Jewish Quarter and Synagogue: 37€
Great Cathedral And Mosque Opening and Closing Hours
- November to February: Religious festivals: 8:30 am-10 am and 2:00pm-6:00 pm.
- March to October: Religious feasts, 8.30 am-11.30 am and 3.00 pm-7.00 pm.
How To reach Great Cathedral And Mosque by Public Transport
- From the train/bus station, hop on to bus 3 or 16 to San Fernando street. From there, it's only about a 10-15 minute walk.
- Nearest bus stop: Puerta del Puente.
Restaurants Near Great Cathedral And Mosque
- Bodegas Mezquita
- Restaurante Amaltea
- Casa Palacio Bandolero Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cordoba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cordoba and book an accommodation of your choice.
Great Cathedral And Mosque, Cordoba Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Palacio De Viana
- La Boutique Puerta Osario
- Restaurante Campos De Toro
- Hotel Caireles
- Hotel Eurostars Maimonides
- Imgema Jardín Botánico De Córdoba
- Consigna Vigilada Secure Lockers
- Roman Bridge
- Cordoba Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cordoba
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cordoba
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cordoba
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cordoba
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cordoba
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cordoba