Great Cathedral And MosqueCurrently Open
- Address: Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain, Cordoba Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-957470512
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
This grand edifice built in the 10th century has the unique distinction of being a mosque and a cathedral. The interiors are spacious , incredibly spiritual and peaceful. The mosque-cathedral exhibits the amalgamation of Islamic and Christian architecture and since it took more than 250 years to complete, it also represents the changing styles and tastes over the centuries. A revolutionary building, both in terms of design and scale, the Mezquita is a symbol of religious tolerance that was common during that time.
Tastefully designed with a brilliant use of stone, brick and marble, the cupolas of the Mezquita look absolutely magical with sunlight dancing in them. The building is full design marvels such as the ceiling that is carved with a single piece of marble or the red and white stripe effect in the arches that make this monument a thing of wonder.
Great Cathedral And Mosque Travel Tips
- The use of an audio guide and map is recommended so that it is easier for you to navigate around and understand in detail the history of this monument.
- Dress conservatively.
- If visiting independently, it’s better to visit in the morning before the coach trips arrive.
Entrance Ticket Details For Great Cathedral And Mosque
- For children (10 to 14 years), entry fee is 4€, children under 10 years enter free.
- Tickets in combination with guided tour of Alcazar, Jewish Quarter and Synagogue: 37€
Great Cathedral And Mosque Hours
- November to February: Religious festivals: 8:30 am-10 am and 2:00pm-6:00 pm.
- March to October: Religious feasts, 8.30 am-11.30 am and 3.00 pm-7.00 pm.
How to Reach Great Cathedral And Mosque
- From the train/bus station, hop on to bus 3 or 16 to San Fernando street. From there, it's only about a 10-15 minute walk.
- Nearest bus stop: Puerta del Puente.
- Bodegas Mezquita
- Restaurante Amaltea
- Casa Palacio Bandolero Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cordoba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cordoba and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Great Cathedral And Mosque Address: Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain, Cordoba
- Great Cathedral And Mosque Contact Number: +34-957470512
- Great Cathedral And Mosque Timing: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Great Cathedral And Mosque Price: 8 EUR
- Best time to visit Great Cathedral And Mosque(preferred time): 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Great Cathedral And Mosque: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
81.62% of people who visit Cordoba include Great Cathedral And Mosque in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
28.97% of people start their Great Cathedral And Mosque visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Great Cathedral And Mosque
70.21% of people prefer walking in order to reach Great Cathedral And Mosque
People normally club together Cordoba and Hammam Al Andalus Banos Arabes while planning their visit to Great Cathedral And Mosque.