Great Cathedral And MosqueCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 1, 14003 Córdoba, Spain, Cordoba
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-957470512
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Observatory, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Great Cathedral And Mosque - Review
This grand edifice built in the 10th century has the unique distinction of being a mosque and a cathedral. The interiors are spacious , incredibly spiritual and peaceful. The mosque-cathedral exhibits the amalgamation of Islamic and Christian architecture and since it took more than 250 years to complete, it also represents the changing styles and tastes over the centuries. A revolutionary building, both in terms of design and scale, the Mezquita is a symbol of religious tolerance that was common during that time.
Tastefully designed with a brilliant use of stone, brick and marble, the cupolas of the Mezquita look absolutely magical with sunlight dancing in them. The building is full design marvels such as the ceiling that is carved with a single piece of marble or the red and white stripe effect in the arches that make this monument a thing of wonder.
Great Cathedral And Mosque Information
- The use of an audio guide and map is recommended so that it is easier for you to navigate around and understand in detail the history of this monument.
- Dress conservatively.
- If visiting independently, it’s better to visit in the morning before the coach trips arrive.
Great Cathedral And Mosque Ticket Prices
- For children (10 to 14 years), entry fee is 4€, children under 10 years enter free.
- Tickets in combination with guided tour of Alcazar, Jewish Quarter and Synagogue: 37€
Great Cathedral And Mosque Hours
- November to February: Religious festivals: 8:30 am-10 am and 2:00pm-6:00 pm.
- March to October: Religious feasts, 8.30 am-11.30 am and 3.00 pm-7.00 pm.
How To reach Great Cathedral And Mosque by Public Transport
- From the train/bus station, hop on to bus 3 or 16 to San Fernando street. From there, it's only about a 10-15 minute walk.
- Nearest bus stop: Puerta del Puente.
Restaurants Near Great Cathedral And Mosque
- Bodegas Mezquita
- Restaurante Amaltea
- Casa Palacio Bandolero Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cordoba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cordoba and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Great Cathedral And Mosque
95% of people who visit Cordoba include Great Cathedral And Mosque in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
28.97% of people start their Great Cathedral And Mosque visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Great Cathedral And Mosque
70.21% of people prefer walking in order to reach Great Cathedral And Mosque
Great Cathedral And Mosque Trips
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Seville, Granada, Cordoba from CroydonBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seville, Granada, Cordoba