Events and Festivals in Corfu
Most of the festivals and event in Corfu take place during the summer, spring and autumn season.
- February: Carnival of Corfu which resembles the Carnival of Venice is known for its beautiful costume-clad locals who take part in the town’s parade.
- March-April: Easter is vibrantly celebrated in Corfu town at the Spianada Square. Processions are arranged throughout the town’s churches and local choirs and bands join in.
- December/ November/ August/ Sunday before Easter: Saint Spyridon is the patron of the Island and although he never stayed here, his relics were brought to the Island after his death. The day of patron is celebrated 4 times a year.
- July: Cricket festival is a reminder of the British rule in Corfu. Matches are arranged and the local crowd cheer for their favorite team.
- August: The feast for the Transfiguration of the Christ is organized every year. Pilgrims from nearby islands visit the Monastery of Pantokrator.
- August: Varkarola is celebrated by choirs in boats who sing romantic 19th-early 20th century songs as the fireworks light up the night sky.
Trip plans for Corfu
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Corfu
Corfu Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Corfu
Save 7%Corfu Shore Excursion: Private Island Tour Including Achillion Palace1 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
When your cruise ships docks at the Port of Corfu, set off to see the islands highlights with a private guide! Start with a v...
Save 4%Shore Excursion: Leisurely Small-Group Tour of Corfu23 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Enjoy a panoramic drive around the lovely island of Corfu. From the comfort of your coach, see many of the sights the island ...
Save 8%Corfu Albania Day Trip by Ferry with Optional Butrint Tour4 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Enjoy a full-day, guided tour of Albania, from Corfu. Explore some of Alabnia's highlights, such as Ag. Saranda City, Butrint...
Save 4%Corfu Old Town and Achilleion Palace Shore Excursion24 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
As Corfu was the first elite and cosmopolitan destination in Greece, youcan't miss the opportunity to go back in time when Ki...
- Events & Festivals in Pelekas
- Events & Festivals in Gouvia
- Events & Festivals in Dassia
- Events & Festivals in Ipsos
- Events & Festivals in Palaiokastritsa
- Events & Festivals in Marathias