Most of the festivals and event in Corfu take place during the summer, spring and autumn season.
- February: Carnival of Corfu which resembles the Carnival of Venice is known for its beautiful costume-clad locals who take part in the town’s parade.
- March-April: Easter is vibrantly celebrated in Corfu town at the Spianada Square. Processions are arranged throughout the town’s churches and local choirs and bands join in.
- December/ November/ August/ Sunday before Easter: Saint Spyridon is the patron of the Island and although he never stayed here, his relics were brought to the Island after his death. The day of patron is celebrated 4 times a year.
- July: Cricket festival is a reminder of the British rule in Corfu. Matches are arranged and the local crowd cheer for their favorite team.
- August: The feast for the Transfiguration of the Christ is organized every year. Pilgrims from nearby islands visit the Monastery of Pantokrator.
- August: Varkarola is celebrated by choirs in boats who sing romantic 19th-early 20th century songs as the fireworks light up the night sky.