Events and Festivals in Corfu
Most of the festivals and event in Corfu take place during the summer, spring and autumn season.
- February: Carnival of Corfu which resembles the Carnival of Venice is known for its beautiful costume-clad locals who take part in the town’s parade.
- March-April: Easter is vibrantly celebrated in Corfu town at the Spianada Square. Processions are arranged throughout the town’s churches and local choirs and bands join in.
- December/ November/ August/ Sunday before Easter: Saint Spyridon is the patron of the Island and although he never stayed here, his relics were brought to the Island after his death. The day of patron is celebrated 4 times a year.
- July: Cricket festival is a reminder of the British rule in Corfu. Matches are arranged and the local crowd cheer for their favorite team.
- August: The feast for the Transfiguration of the Christ is organized every year. Pilgrims from nearby islands visit the Monastery of Pantokrator.
- August: Varkarola is celebrated by choirs in boats who sing romantic 19th-early 20th century songs as the fireworks light up the night sky.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Corfu
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Corfu
Save 4%Leisurely Small-Group Tour of Corfu Shore Excursion39 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
Save 8%Corfu boat trip, swimming & BBQ1 Reviews
Duration: 7 HrsBook Now
Save 8%The Governor Olive Mill Private Tour with Tasting and Olive Oil Workshop21 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now
Save 4%Premium Class Corfu Private TransfersNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hr 30 MinsBook Now