How to Reach Corfu
The Easiest Way to Reach Corfu
- Nearest airport is the LoannisKapodistrias (LGKR) Airportcalled simply as the Corfu Airport located around 9 kilometers from the city center. You can take a shuttle service form the airport or hire a Private transfer when you reach. Local bus number 15 from connect the city to the airport.
- Preveza and several other islands including Kefalonia, Zakinthos, Kithyra and Heraklion are connected to Corfu by direct flights.
- Flights are available all year round to Athens while other International flights are available from other counties like Italy and Germany only during high season (October)
- Ferries/ Boats connect Corfu to Venice, Ancona, Bari, Brindisi (Italy), Himara and Saranda, Albania and Igoumenitsa, Patra (Greece). Corfu’s new port docks commercial cruises. Taxis, rentals cars and buses are available at the port.
- If you are reaching Corfu with your own Yatch, the Marina Gouvia is perfect to stay close to the city.
- By Bus: Blue busses operate within the Corfu town while Green busses connect the rest of the Island. San Rocco Square is the terminal for the Blue busses while the Green bus terminal is near the Corfu New Port. Note that tickets are only inclusive of single journeys and tickets can be bought through a vending machine or simply from the driver.
- By renting a car: Car rentals are available at the Airport and the Ferry terminals. Since the roads are pretty narrow, do consider renting a small car.
- By Taxi: Taxis are convenient and are easily spot throughout the town. Between the spianada and cricket ground, the whole Methodiou street along with the old and new port area is flooded with taxis. Radio Taxis are also available.
- By hiring a boat: The best way to explore the long stretches of water and sandy beaches is by renting a boat for the day and exploring the coast.
- By renting a bicycle: EasyBike Brainbox offers automatic bikes and is preferred to explore the nook and crannies of the Island.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Corfu and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Corfu
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Corfu. The most preferred mode of transport in Corfu is Walking.
Average distance: 3.75 km Average time: 11.75 min
Walking 40%Walking 6 min Overall average time for 1 kms 6 min
Car 40%Driving 17.5 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 17.5 min
- How to reach Cities Near Corfu
- How to reach Megalopolis
- How to reach Istiaia
- How to reach Kato Achaia
- How to reach Tyrnavos
- How to reach Peraia
- How to reach Siatista
- How to reach Perama
- How to reach Parga
- How to reach Makrygialos
- How to reach Grevena
- How to reach Agios Pavlos
- How to reach Korinos
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach La Stanga
- How to reach Pisa International Airport
- How to reach Atina
- How to reach Brezje Pri Grosupljem
- How to reach Lanžhot
- How to reach Duitama
- How to reach Warszawa
- How to reach Marston Green
- How to reach Lb Nagar
- How to reach Delhuan