Blackrock Castle Observatory429 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Castle Road, Blackrock, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353 -214326120
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Blackrock Castle is a 16th century castle. Known for its authentic Irish stone buildings, the castle was originally built on Queen Elizabeth’s orders after the locals requested her for a fort to protect the city from Pirates.
Today the fort has an Observatory on its highest round tower and is known to host some of the most interesting events and workshops for children. The fort is also used as a base for getting adults and children more interested in science. Blackrock Castle houses Ireland's first interactive astronomy center developed by the award-winning multimedia company Martello Media.
A must visit if you are visiting with your kids!
Blackrock Castle Observatory Travel Tips
- Do try to attend a star gazing event or workshop if you are lucky to catch one.
Entrance Ticket Details For Blackrock Castle Observatory
- Adults: €6.50
- Students, Seniors and Children (5-14 years): €4.50
- Family (2 Adults, 2 Children): €18
- Groups (10 and more) €5.50
- Children under 5 are free with families and admission is always free for members.
Blackrock Castle Observatory Hours
- Please note last admission is 4.00 pm. The castle closes at 5.00 pm and viewing the exhibits takes approximately 1 hour.
- The exhibit is open by special arrangement for groups of 10 or more after hours. (See Group Admission for more details.)
How to Reach Blackrock Castle Observatory
- The nearest bus stop is at Ferney Rd (St Lukes Home)
- Bus number- 202
- Pizza take-away
- Taste of Italy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.56% of people who visit Cork include Blackrock Castle Observatory in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
58.1% of people start their Blackrock Castle Observatory visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Blackrock Castle Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blackrock Castle Observatory
Blackrock Castle Observatory Reviews & Ratings
how much does parking cost in the blackrock castle observatory?Answer Report Abuse