Blarney CastleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Blarney, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-214385252
- Ticket Price: 13 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Originally built in 1200 AD, the Blarney Castle has witnessed a lot of change of reigns and destroyed to be built back in the 1400s. Today the Blarney Castle is nothing less than a medieval marvel. The stories of the castle are fascinating if you don’t mind believing in fiction. The castle itself is sure to give you shivers as it appears a warzone from some places while being magical from other.
- Kissing the Blarney Stone
- Taking a walk in the Castle gardens. Don’t miss the poison garden!
- Shopping Centre
- Rock Close including
The castle is sure to peak your curiosity and is a must-must see for every tourist!
- Do kiss the famous Blarney Stone places in the Castle. The stone has a history of people kissing it to be granted with eloquent words.
- Be sure to not touch, smell or eat anything from the Poison Garden. Be real careful when visiting with children.
- Adult- € 12.50; Child- € 5
- Senior/ Student- € 11;Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)- € 32
- Last Admissions is 30 minutes before closing.
- Carpark operates at same opening times as listed above
- The Castle, Rock Close Gardens and Lakeland Walk are open all year, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Blarney House is open from June 1st - August 31st from 10am to 2pm Monday to Saturday.
- Bus: The nearest Bus stop is from Blarney (Square Castle Hotel)
- The Golden Panda
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.01% of people who visit Cork include Blarney Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.11% of people start their Blarney Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Blarney Castle
91.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blarney Castle
People say it too touristy, but I think it's a must see. My experience may however be different as I went off season and not many people around. The entry price is worth it as the grounds are huge and there is a lot to explore. The sights are fantastic. Kissing the blarney Stone was an unforgettable experience. And so much fun. The grounds also has the witch's kitchen and wishing steps. A must try!!!. The castle by itself is pretty cool. Exploring some of the hidden small passage ways was fun. Parking available. A small cafeteria available. Staff extremely friendly. The myth and legends attached to the place is so much fun.
Beautiful grounds to a wondeful piece of history. Don't be fooled, the castle itself is just a small part. The gardens are beautiful, lots of nice trails and other things to see. Amazing vegetation and trees all around. Poison garden is pretty interesting but a nice diversion to check out. Not just kissing an old stone but a nice piece of heritage!
This was by far my favorite thing I did or place I went in my 2 weeks here! I only wish I could have stayed longer. The castle is cool, the grounds are absolutely amazing! Great place to just wander and enjoy the beauty of Ireland! If I could leave 10 stars I would!
Great authentic castle that has been kept up but not restored. The castle is a great place to walk around on but has very narrow and steep steps to go up. The city and grounds around the castle are spectacular and could I could probably spend more than a day just in the castle grounds exploring.
Such a great castle! We went in December but the weather was still wonderful and the landscapes were beautiful. What made it especially fin was that it was mostly empty. We were able to really take our time in the castle but could have run up to the Blarney Stone without any interruption.