Church Of St AnneCurrently Open [Closes at 03:00 pm]
- Address: Church St, Shandon, Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +353-214505906
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Built in 1722, the church of St. Anne was known for being one of three churches dedicated to St. Mary all three built after the last one was destroyed. Built with red stones from the original Shandon Castle, the church is known for its eccentric and unique architecture.
There are 8 bells installed in the church in the early 19th century which are made popular by songs. Today you can climb up the tower and ring the bell yourself! The christening font which dates back to 1629 is a relic from the church destroyed in the siege of Cork in 1690 and bears the inscription, "Walter Elinton and William Ring made this pant (the Anglo-Saxon word for Font) at their charges."
An amazing experience the church is sure to instill some peace and calm in its visitors.
- Do ring the bell placed at the top of the church tower.
- Adults: €5.00
- Seniors: €4.00 (over 65 years of age)
- Students: €4.00 (anyone holding a valid student card and over 16yrs)
- Children: €2.50 ( five to fifteen years of age, under 5 go up for free)
- Family: €12.00 (based on two adults and up to four children under 16yrs)
- Entrance to the Church is free and we ask all visitors to respect its status as a place of worship for its local congregation.
- Last Entrance to the tower is 20minutes before closing
- Monday of Bank Holidays - opening times same as Sundays
The nearest bus stop is at Mulgrave Road (Maldron Hotel)
Bus number- 202, 203, 215, 248
- ButterCup Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.22% of people who visit Cork include Church Of St Anne in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
52.21% of people start their Church Of St Anne visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of St Anne
81.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of St Anne