Cork City Gaol1614 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Convent Avenue, Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-214305022
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Cork City Goal was built in the 19th century and is one of the most crucial monuments if you want to know about the socio-political life in Ireland during the 1800s. The visitor center was opened in 1993 and is the best way to intimately experience the struggles and legacy of the prisoners.
- The writing on the walls by the prisoners consisting of quotes, sketches and poems
- Prison cells with life-like wax statues
- Night Tour
- Guided group tours
A must-visit for history lovers the place is sure to give you long-lasting memory.
Cork City Gaol Travel Tips
- Do try their Night Tours which are sure to give you goosebumps every time you think about it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cork City Gaol
- Student- €7.00
- OAP- €7.00
- Child- €5.00
- Family ticket (2 adults and up to 4 children) - €25.00
- Radio Museum- €2.00
- Audio Tour in English, Spanish, French, Irish, German, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Japanese- € 2.00extra
Cork City Gaol Hours
- The gaol is open 7 days a week.
How to Reach Cork City Gaol
- The nearest bus stop is at Sundays Well Rd (Opp Fitz Park Lane)
- Bus number- 201
- Annies Bar & Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.17% of people who visit Cork include Cork City Gaol in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
57% of people start their Cork City Gaol visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cork City Gaol
93.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cork City Gaol