Cork Public MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Fitzgerald Park | Mardyke, Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-0214270679
- Fax: +1-0214270931
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Social, Arts, Museums
Cork Public Museum - Review
Located on the grounds of Fitzgerald Park, Cork Public Museum is a delight for every history lover. The museum consists of artifacts dating back from Mesolithic Period.
- Crafts from 19th and 20th century.
- Georgian Architecture of the building itself.
- Archeological artifacts like Ireland’s oldest pick and shovel, the Iron Age Cork Helmet Horns and the Garryduff Gold Bird.
Tourists love to visit the museum for its intriguing artifacts, beautiful collecting and awe-inspiring historic stories.
Cork Public Museum Information
- Do take a walk in the Fitzgerald Park after visiting the museum.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Cork Public Museum by Public Transport
- The nearest bus stop is at Western Road
- Bus Stop- 208, 220, 233, 235, 236, 237, 239
Restaurants Near Cork Public Museum
- In-house Cafe
- Cork County Cricket Club
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cork Public Museum
5.62% of people who visit Cork include Cork Public Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
72.73% of people start their Cork Public Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cork Public Museum
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cork Public Museum
Cork Public Museum Trips
Cork Public Museum, Cork Reviews
It was interesting with a nice collection. Be sure to leave a contribution as there is no entrance fee. There are stairways thday make or more interesting getting around. Thete was an exhibit on nudes and we appreciated that it was behind closed doors as we were not interested in it. Pay attention to the woodwork detail around the place as or is beautiful.
I visited the viking exhibition here. Its a nice spot with lovely surroundings. Definetly worth a visit
Small but informative museum. The garden outside is more relaxing too.
Great for children and safe a lovely place for a picnic 😎😆
Kids love the trench warfare exhibition