Crawford Art GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: Emmett Place, Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-214805042
- Fax: +1-0214805043
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Social, Arts, Art Dealers And Galleries
Comprising of over 2000 artifacts ranging from 18th century art to 21st century contemporary pieces, the Crawford Art Gallery is a delight to scan through even on a rainy day in Cork.
- 18th century Irish sculptures
- European sculptors and painting
- Trending art pieces by 21st century artists
Art lovers visit the art gallery to learn more about world art, illuminating Ireland’s history.
- The gallery has facilities for wheelchair if you are travelling with an elderly person/ physically disabled individual.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday- 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Thursday- 10.00 am – 8.00 pm; last admission 7.45 pm
- 2nd Floor closes at 4.45 daily.
- The Gallery is closed on Bank Holidays, Christmas Day and Good Friday.
- Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Lunch 12.00 pm – 3.00 pm
- Thursdays (only) evening menu 4.30 pm -8.00 pm
- The nearest Bus stop is at Lavitts Quay (Perry Street Jctn)
- Bus number- 202, 203, 215
- In-house Cafe
- Insomnia @ Meadows & Byrne
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.8% of people who visit Cork include Crawford Art Gallery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40% of people start their Crawford Art Gallery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Crawford Art Gallery
51.69% of people prefer walking in order to reach Crawford Art Gallery
Pleasant experience. Conventional displays were very impressive although some of the sculptures were copies. Contemporary exhibition was quite controversial and not exactly what I look for in art, but I'm sure if that's your thing it was good. Cafe was pleasant and the food was good although possibly a little overpriced.
The best place to go to know more about the history of the city and its evolution in arts. The are other activities throughout the year for the whole family. Recommended to everybody.
It was a day for sitting outside so we tried the outdoor cafe. Most relaxing and friendly atmosphere. Wonderful pot of tea and China cups and saucers. I only had time to peep into the gallery. The building is fabulous! I will go back for a proper look soon and another cuppa.
Very nice building with a fine collection and a very soon with cast from sculptures made under the supervision of Antonio Canova. It's an institution with a flair for putting contemporary art and old masters together.
A wide selection of art works in a lovely building. Never fails to bring wonder and curiosity. A pleasure to visit.