Crawford Art GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: Emmett Place, Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-214805042
- Fax: +1-0214805043
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Social, Arts, Art Dealers And Galleries
Crawford Art Gallery - Review
Comprising of over 2000 artifacts ranging from 18th century art to 21st century contemporary pieces, the Crawford Art Gallery is a delight to scan through even on a rainy day in Cork.
- 18th century Irish sculptures
- European sculptors and painting
- Trending art pieces by 21st century artists
Art lovers visit the art gallery to learn more about world art, illuminating Ireland’s history.
Crawford Art Gallery Information
- The gallery has facilities for wheelchair if you are travelling with an elderly person/ physically disabled individual.
Crawford Art Gallery Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday- 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Thursday- 10.00 am – 8.00 pm; last admission 7.45 pm
- 2nd Floor closes at 4.45 daily.
- The Gallery is closed on Bank Holidays, Christmas Day and Good Friday.
- Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Lunch 12.00 pm – 3.00 pm
- Thursdays (only) evening menu 4.30 pm -8.00 pm
How To reach Crawford Art Gallery by Public Transport
- The nearest Bus stop is at Lavitts Quay (Perry Street Jctn)
- Bus number- 202, 203, 215
Restaurants Near Crawford Art Gallery
- In-house Cafe
- Insomnia @ Meadows & Byrne
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Crawford Art Gallery
19.76% of people who visit Cork include Crawford Art Gallery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40% of people start their Crawford Art Gallery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Crawford Art Gallery
51.69% of people prefer walking in order to reach Crawford Art Gallery
Crawford Art Gallery Trips
Crawford Art Gallery, Cork Reviews
It was a day for sitting outside so we tried the outdoor cafe. Most relaxing and friendly atmosphere. Wonderful pot of tea and China cups and saucers. I only had time to peep into the gallery. The building is fabulous! I will go back for a proper look soon and another cuppa.
Interesting gallery, offering a mix of Irish works. Paintings, textiles, glass, photography and video works. Very good show on 'naked truth' when I visited. Impressive collection, nice building also.
If you need to escape the hustle and bustle of Cork City and fancy a bit of art appreciation then this is the place for you. A mixture of art and sculptures past and present. I think some of the modern stuff is called contemporary and I didn't grasp what was going on in the exhibition but it changes regularly and I'm looking forward to my next visit. The building itself is also impressive.
Very nice place to visit, especially considering entrance and guided tour were free. Special treat was a tour themed by the cork pride parade that was going on through the week.
Beautiful building with a high quality exhibition. Definitely worth a visit.