Fota Wildlife Park Tours
About Fota Wildlife Park, Cork
The Fota Wildlife is a bucket-list topper in every animal and plant lover’s book! If you are travelling with family, then the place is sure to keep you busy for at least 3 hours.
- Animals like Bison, Spider Monkey, Oryx, Giraffe, Kangaroo, Lemurs, Red Panda, Macaque, Zebra, Cheetah, Tapir, Wallaby to name a few.
- Trees of Lemon, Alder, Chestnut, Ash, Beech among many others which provide the park with its much needed greenery.
- Guided Tours
After a long day interacting with animals, tourists and locals like to relax and unwind along with some good food at the Savannah Restaurant or the Oasis Cafe.
Fota Wildlife Park Information
- A tour is recommended to best explore the park.
- Do try to rent a car or take a taxi to reach the park as there are no nearby bus stops in walking distance.
- Try to book the tickets online on their official website.
Fota Wildlife Park Tickets Prices
- Adults: €15, Children (Under 16) €9.50
- Students (with valid student card), Seniors and Disabled: €10
- Toddlers (Under 3): FREE
- 2 adults + 2 children: €45.50
- 2 adults + 3 children: €52.00
- 2 adults + 4 children: €58.00
- Group Prices (20 people or more): Adults: €11.50
- Children, Students (with valid student card): €7.50
Restaurants Near Fota Wildlife Park
- Savannah Cafe which is located in the park.
- Oasis Cafe located at the opposite end of the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Fota Wildlife Park Tickets And Tours
The Beara Peninsula is steeped in myths and legends. The mountains and valleys are rich in archaeological sites such as stone circles, wedge graves and other relics from the past. We have scenic lakes cradled between the mountains, Mizen Head visitor centre nestled high up in the Cliff face with some of the most beautiful scenery Ireland has to offer. With the Atlantic Ocean at your side, we can visit âTeardropâ point the last sight the Irish emigrants would have seen sailing to America. Book your private tour and let the journey begin,
Depart Cork city after breakfast. By the early afternoon, you will be enjoying the breathtaking views of the Cliffs of Moher. You will also experience a trip to the city of Limerick, the lunar landscap of the Burren, and Bunratty Castle.
The Dingle Peninsula boasts amazing mountain scenery and unusual antiquities, which you will admire as you travel around this world famous Peninsula. Stop and enjoy Inch beach, a site of incredible natural beauty and one of the most famous beaches in Ireland. Stop in Dingle town, is one of the most picturesque fishing towns in Ireland, and is also famed for Fungi the dolphin who has been a local for almost 30 years.
West Cork is famous for its unique, diverse and beautiful landscapes. From the gourmet capital of Ireland Kinsale, to British forts in Charles Fort to the sinking o the Lusitania to pagan stone circles in Drumbeg West Cork has it all. Not to mention some of its great legendary figures including Henry Ford, Michael Collins but to name a few.
Today we aim to show you the very best of West Cork so that you shall understand how the past and present lived and enjoyed this beautiful landscape which will be ours to admire on this great adventure.
Share your experience - Rate Fota Wildlife Park, Cork
Whether you're in family, group of friends, tourists, or couple visiting Fota, you are sure to have a genuinely fantastic and enjoyable visit. Fota Wildlife Park offers visitors an up close place to come in contact with a diverse range of different animals. Very enjoyable walk around the park for all. Animals appear to be kept in good condition and are safe. There is a shop and small restaurant here, but prices can be high. Bringing some sort of packed lunch with you is recommended. Fota is easily accessible via car or via train from Cork City train station with a train stop on the route right outside an entrance to Fota.
Fota is such a great place to spend a day, especially when it's sunny. We go here every couple of years and always great to see how it's expanding every time we visit. The park is quite big, there's plenty of different animals to see and the food isn't to bad either. It's cool to be able to feed the ducks and pheasants by having them eat the food from your hand. While it doesn't have the variety of animals as other zoo's, it certainly makes up for it with the amount of space the animals have to roam, rather than being kept in a confined space. Well worth the visit if in cork!
Like a mini zoo. Children & Adults of all ages would love it here. I recently took my 2 nieces - 5 & 2 years old. Both loved it. There is a diner in the centre of the park that serves chips and sausages etc plus sandwiches, tea & coffee. There is also a cafe at the entrance near the toilets. Plenty to do and see. Easily found not far off the main motorway into Cork City. I try visit at least once a year.
A wonderful place in Cork. A lovely way to experience a variety of animal species. This is a conservation zoo primarily which means all of the animals are there to protect the species. Multiple programs reintroduce these animals back to their natural habitats. Couple with this amazing work is a fabulous day out. It is an amazing adventure with kids but even as an adult you will find something to enjoy here. I would highly recommend the behind the scenes tours. They are guided and the wardens are so kowledgeable about the various animals and their stories. Great day out!
Kids had a great time. Big ones and small ones alike. We all got to see the new tiger cub, the lion cubs and a recent addition to the giraffe family. Zookeepers gave talks on animals at different times of the day. Gibbons stole the show though. Had a great day out here.
- Other Attractions
- The Garden Of Villa Melzi Or I Giardini Di Villa Melzi
- Villa Serbelloni Gardens
- Ristorante La Punta
- Bellagio Water Limousines
- Enoteca Cava Turacciolo
- Lido Di Bellagio
- La Divina Commedia
- Madonna Del Ghisallo Or Museo Del Cyclismo
- Profumeria Bellagio
- Aperitivo Et Al Bar
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near The Garden Of Villa Melzi Or I Giardini Di Villa Melzi
- Cheap Hotels Near Villa Serbelloni Gardens
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ristorante La Punta
- Cheap Hotels Near Bellagio Water Limousines
- Cheap Hotels Near Enoteca Cava Turacciolo
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Lido Di Bellagio
- 5 Star Hotels Near La Divina Commedia
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Madonna Del Ghisallo Or Museo Del Cyclismo
- Cheap Hotels Near Profumeria Bellagio
- Hotels Near Aperitivo Et Al Bar
- City Tripplans
- 2 Day Trip to Cork from Cork
- Cork Itinerary 4 Days
- Cork Itinerary 1 Day
- Cork Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Cork from Cork
- Cork Itinerary 2 Days
- Cork Itinerary 6 Days
- Cork Itinerary 3 Days
- Cork Itinerary 6 Days
- Cork Itinerary 2 Days