Fota Wildlife Park, Cork
About Fota Wildlife Park, Cork
Fota Wildlife Park, Cork - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork, Ireland
Ticket Price: 15 EUR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 8.9K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Fota Wildlife is a bucket-list topper in every animal and plant lover’s book! If you are travelling with family, then the place is sure to keep you busy for at least 3 hours.
- Animals like Bison, Spider Monkey, Oryx, Giraffe, Kangaroo, Lemurs, Red Panda, Macaque, Zebra, Cheetah, Tapir, Wallaby to name a few.
- Trees of Lemon, Alder, Chestnut, Ash, Beech among many others which provide the park with its much needed greenery.
- Guided Tours
After a long day interacting with animals, tourists and locals like to relax and unwind along with some good food at the Savannah Restaurant or the Oasis Cafe.
Fota Wildlife Park Information
- A tour is recommended to best explore the park.
- Do try to rent a car or take a taxi to reach the park as there are no nearby bus stops in walking distance.
- Try to book the tickets online on their official website.
Fota Wildlife Park Ticket Prices
- Adults: €15, Children (Under 16) €9.50
- Students (with valid student card), Seniors and Disabled: €10
- Toddlers (Under 3): FREE
- 2 adults + 2 children: €45.50
- 2 adults + 3 children: €52.00
- 2 adults + 4 children: €58.00
- Group Prices (20 people or more): Adults: €11.50
- Children, Students (with valid student card): €7.50
Restaurants Near Fota Wildlife Park
- Savannah Cafe which is located in the park.
- Oasis Cafe located at the opposite end of the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fota Wildlife Park, Cork Reviews - Write a Review
I think this is best place in Ireland to bring family it takes three hours to see everything for tourists and those travelling without a car there is even train service right to edge of the park parking is good and cafes and toilets dotted through journey around park its really healthy walk glorious on sunny day.I just thought lion was amazing hearing him roar from time to time can be heard around the park .The meerkats and lemurs basking in sun on November truly amazing watching them arms outstretched .Ya got to love it very emotional to see these creatures in wide open grounds they look very happy except salt eagle didn't like his cage .All in all lot of work went into having these animals on exhibit and 32 euro for two adults with baby free was good day out .The fluffy toys in gift shop real nice good quality decent price about 6 to 15 euro for average sized fluffy toys .Well done to owners and staff credit to whole of Ireland six star park amazing amazing amazing.
Whether you're in family, group of friends, tourists, or couple visiting Fota, you are sure to have a genuinely fantastic and enjoyable visit. Fota Wildlife Park offers visitors an up close place to come in contact with a diverse range of different animals. Very enjoyable walk around the park for all. Animals appear to be kept in good condition and are safe. There is a shop and small restaurant here, but prices can be high. Bringing some sort of packed lunch with you is recommended. Fota is easily accessible via car or via train from Cork City train station with a train stop on the route right outside an entrance to Fota.
Good family zoo but always trying to make an extra buck. Now €3 to park (previously free) and refusal to discount hotel members on the gate stating you had to get a magic piece of paper at the hotel stating your a guest, despite the card and reservation details on me. Variety of animals and opportunities to get close is excellent and level of maintenance is high.
Fota zoo... visited in last winter. It is a very huge zoo and have ample varieties of animals. It also has Asian sanctuary where you can see Asian animals like tiger, hippo, tortoise, frogs, snakes, butterflies, pea-cock and many more. Visit zoo in summer when these animals stay out of shelter and can be seen very easily.
Fota is such a great place to spend a day, especially when it's sunny. We go here every couple of years and always great to see how it's expanding every time we visit. The park is quite big, there's plenty of different animals to see and the food isn't to bad either. It's cool to be able to feed the ducks and pheasants by having them eat the food from your hand. While it doesn't have the variety of animals as other zoo's, it certainly makes up for it with the amount of space the animals have to roam, rather than being kept in a confined space. Well worth the visit if in cork!
- Nearby Attractions
- Actons Hotel Kinsale Cork Ireland
- Cork International Hostel
- Kinlay House Cork
- The River Lee
- Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
- Number Forty Eight
- Montenotte Hotel
- Elizabeth Fort
- Triskel Arts Centre
- Brandon Hotel Conference & Leisure Centre
- Cork Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cork
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cork
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cork
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cork
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cork
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cork