Spike IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Off the coast of Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Spike Island is located off the coast of Cobh Harbor and is known as the boarding place of the legendary Titanic. Ferry through the pristine Atlantic to the Island while enjoying a panoramic view of the Cobh Harbour behind and the plush green Island ahead. The Island shows monastic settlements dating back to 635 AD.
- Historical Old Fort/ Jail also known as the infamous Purgatory.
- Guided tour of the island
Tourists love the history of the Island and the guided tour is sure to take you one step closer to its intense past.
- Contact Michael Martin Tours (Telephone: 087 276 7218 or 021 481 5211) to book ferry tickets.
- Carry a small picnic to enjoy the serene Island greenery over good food and wine.
- There are ferry rides to and from the Island and the Cobh Harbour throughout the day but schedule is highly dependant on the tides.
- Entry is free.
The Reduced Ferry Fees Are:
- €8 per adult
- €5 per child
- €20 per family of 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children
Combined Ferry Fee and Guided Tour
- €13.50 per adult
- €8.50 per child
- The ferry rides are available only from June to September.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.56% of people who visit Cork include Spike Island in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
27.67% of people start their Spike Island visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Spike Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spike Island
Fantastic place to visit. But u want to book in advance. Very busy .loads to see of old photos an costumes of the years gone by.nice cafe on the island as well .very well kept .if your lucken for something to do definitely worth a visit.
Loved visiting Spike Island. We were greeted by a guide who knew how to tell a good story. He was very knowledgable about the island's history and his story about the riot and jailbreak was hilarious. Most definitely recommend to spend a day at Spike. Make sure to make online reservations, though. The tickets can be sold out quite fast.
It was amazing experience visiting the largest prison in the world #spikeisland and you also have to have the guide tour. Highly recommended
Lovely trip out, good job we'd booked online. Lots on the boat but we got a seat. Group split into two we had Carl. Lovely story teller bringing history to life. Leaving everyone to explore the area after ensuring we knew his name & where to leave the review.
Excellent for a history day out. Needs to tie it's history into the greater European context to make it relevant