Spike Island1018 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Off the coast of Cork, Ireland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Spike Island is located off the coast of Cobh Harbor and is known as the boarding place of the legendary Titanic. Ferry through the pristine Atlantic to the Island while enjoying a panoramic view of the Cobh Harbour behind and the plush green Island ahead. The Island shows monastic settlements dating back to 635 AD.
- Historical Old Fort/ Jail also known as the infamous Purgatory.
- Guided tour of the island
Tourists love the history of the Island and the guided tour is sure to take you one step closer to its intense past.
Spike Island Travel Tips
- Contact Michael Martin Tours (Telephone: 087 276 7218 or 021 481 5211) to book ferry tickets.
- Carry a small picnic to enjoy the serene Island greenery over good food and wine.
- There are ferry rides to and from the Island and the Cobh Harbour throughout the day but schedule is highly dependant on the tides.
- Entry is free.
Entrance Ticket Details For Spike Island
The Reduced Ferry Fees Are:
- €8 per adult
- €5 per child
- €20 per family of 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children
Combined Ferry Fee and Guided Tour
- €13.50 per adult
- €8.50 per child
Spike Island Hours
- The ferry rides are available only from June to September.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cork before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cork and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.48% of people who visit Cork include Spike Island in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
27.67% of people start their Spike Island visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Spike Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Spike Island
Spike Island Reviews & Ratings
How do I buy tickets for Spike Island and tour BEFORE I arrive. I am from USA & will be on a cruise ship that arrive at Cobhn on 8-1-19?Answer Report Abuse
You will have to visit the official website of Spike Island to buy tickets of the tour.Report Abuse
HOW FAR IS IT FROM COBH RAIL STATION TO WHERE YOU GET THE FERRY TO SPIIKE ISLANDAnswer Report Abuse
Ferries to Spike Island leave from the Kennedy Pier Cobh which is around 500 meters away from the Cobh Rail Station. It is hardly at a 10-minute walking distance.Report Abuse