Are you looking for what to do in Cork?
PLACES TO SEE
Cork is known for its historic tourist attractions. A trip here is a trip in Ireland’s historic past!
- Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle: The blarney stone is a black limestone installed in the Blarney Castle and is known for its story that whoever kisses the stone will be granted with eloquent words.
- Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral: Built in 1800s under the supervision and sponsorship of Burges, the Cathedral seeps French architecture - one of his most loved.
- Blackrock Castle: Built in the 16th century, the castle’s original purpose was to defend the city. Today the castle houses a visitor centre, restaurant and observatory.
- Cork City Gaol: A 19th century prison, the Cork City Goal has witnessed some of the most insane prison sentences for casual crimes as well as crimes high up the radar. In 1993 the gaol was opened as a visitor’s centre and houses an eccentric exhibition of Ireland’s History.
- Cork Vision Centre: Located at St. Peter’s, the Cork Vision Centre is a heaven underneath a vaulted ceiling. The place holds exhibitions, archives, seminars and more with the perfect ambience.
NIGHT LIFE AND CLUBS
Nightlife in Cork is one of the most vibrant in Ireland. You will always find a pub to snug in to for a few beers while taking a walk through the city.
- City Limits Comedy Club: Located on Coburg Street, City Limits Comedy Club is a must if you want your ribs tickled! The club showcases top stand-up comedians from Ireland as well as feature artists from all over the world.
- Ceili by the Lee: A prime attraction at Marlboro street, Ceili by the Lee is known for having good music all year round.
- Sin e: Since its establishment in the 1800s the Pub has never stopped entertaining tourists of all ages. Enjoy a vibrant ambience with a pint or two of Guinness after a long day of exploring the city.
- Oliver Plunkett: Oliver Plunkett offers breakfast, lunch as well as dinner menu; specializing in burgers, sandwiches and baguettes.
- Cork Rebel Pub Crawl: To suit the intense pub thirst in you, join the Cork Rebel Pub Crawl which covers most of the famous and intimate pubs in Ireland.
Below we have a list of things to do in Cork and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Cork getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Cork with confidence.