Yucca House National Monument
About Yucca House National Monument, Cortez
Yucca House National Monument is a United States National Monument located in Montezuma County, Colorado between the towns of Towaoc (headquarters of the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe) and Cortez, Colorado. Yucca House is a large, unexcavated Ancestral Puebloan archaeological site.Wikipedia
Overview of Yucca House National Monument
As you traverse the city of Cortez, you'll stumble upon Yucca House National Monument. Missed by most of the visitors, Yucca House National Monument is unique in its own way.
More about Cortez
Explore Yucca House National Monument and other prime spots of the city using Cortez trip planner.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Cortez like Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites, Sleeping Ute Mountain Motel and Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-cortez.
Share your experience - Rate Yucca House National Monument, Cortez
A bit dissapointing because picture on Google maps is very misleading. This monument is all natural. No excavations. Signs for private property are for land around road leading to monument. Parking area is in front of farmer's garages. It takes a sense of true archaeology to appreciate this place.
Giving a 5 star to nullify the ignorants 1 star ratings on here. The site is largely unexcavated, hence the not much to see. Nonetheless a piece of American history.
Found nothing but "No Trespassing " on a gate after a long drive down a gravel road through a private farm/ranch. There's nothing there.
Not worth your time!!!! The picture looks better than the actual wall. If you are visiting for a cancellation stamp, turn around and just go to the Colorado visitor's center because there is no stamp on site. Once we found it, which took a while because there are no signs, it took literally 30 seconds to see the whole thing.
HUGE waste of time. Just get a stamp at the welcome center. Look at a picture here on Google and call it good. Trust me.
- Other Attractions
- Grand Teton
- Colter Bay Village
- Spur Restaurant & Bar
- Jenny Lake Trail
- Signal Mountain Summit Road
- 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive
- Grand Teton National Park Visitors Center
- Inspiration Point
- Mormon Row Historic District
- Jackson Lake
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Grand Teton
- Hotels Near Colter Bay Village
- Hotels Near Spur Restaurant & Bar
- 5 Star Hotels Near Jenny Lake Trail
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Signal Mountain Summit Road
- Budget Hotels Near 42-mile Scenic Loop Drive
- Hotels Near Grand Teton National Park Visitors Center
- Luxury Hotels Near Inspiration Point
- 5 Star Hotels Near Mormon Row Historic District
- Luxury Hotels Near Jackson Lake
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Cortez
- Trip to Cortez, Estes Park
- Trip to Moab, Santa Fe, Cortez, Alamosa, Grand Canyon National Park
- Trip to Cortez
- Trip to Steamboat Springs, Cortez, Buena Vista, Estes Park
- 7 Day Trip to United States from Salt Lake City
- 5 Days Trip to cortez
- Trip to Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Glenwood Springs, Cortez
- Trip to Moab, Glenwood Springs, Cortez, Grand Junction, Kanab
- Trip to Cortez, Payson, Grand Canyon National Park