Museum Of Northwest Colorado
About Museum Of Northwest Colorado, Craig
The Museum of Northwest Colorado, located in Craig, Colorado, was established in 1964 as the Moffat County Museum to house artifacts and preserve legends of the Old West. The museum features a large cowboy gear collection, including chaps, spurs, saddles, gun leather, guns and other artifacts. The Moffat Road Railroad Display features photos and memorabilia about the Denver, Northwestern & Pacific Railway, founded by David Moffat. Other exhibits include the American outlaw, Butch Cassidy, mining, ranching and pioneer artifacts, rocks and fossils, and period historic room displays. Originally housed in the Moffat County Courthouse, the museum opened in the former Colorado State Armory in 1991.Wikipedia
Overview of Museum Of Northwest Colorado
On your visit to Craig, consider visiting Museum Of Northwest Colorado. Museum Of Northwest Colorado is easily missed on a visit to Craig.
More about Craig
Make your visit suitable to your interest, use Craig trip planner for personalization.
You can add cozy hotels in Craig like Craig Super 8, Hampton Inn & Suites Craig and Clarion Inn & Suites Craig.
Share your experience - Rate Museum Of Northwest Colorado, Craig
This is more or less a museum about Craig and it's surroundings. But I love museums and it had some cool stuff!
Oh my goodness, we were enchanted! The cowboys and guns exhibit was amazing, the staff are so helpful and knowledgeable, this place is a treasure trove of awesomeness for the whole family! I appreciated the high school graduation pics downstairs as well. So fun, well done!
Good place, great little museum, worth to make a stop if you are passing town. Very nice people.
Fantastic museum with extensive displays on the history of the area. Also a large unique display of cowboy related items.
The children will love all of the neat little unique items from years past. Great gun fighters collection.
- Other Attractions
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Mary Todd Lincoln House
- The Arboretum
- Lexington Cemetery
- Rupp Arena
- West Sixth Brewing
- Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate
- The Thoroughbred Center
- Thoroughbred Park
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Cheap Hotels Near Keeneland
- Budget Hotels Near Kentucky Horse Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Mary Todd Lincoln House
- Budget Hotels Near The Arboretum
- Budget Hotels Near Lexington Cemetery
- 5 Star Hotels Near Rupp Arena
- 5 Star Hotels Near West Sixth Brewing
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate
- 5 Star Hotels Near The Thoroughbred Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Thoroughbred Park
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Laramie, Rapid City, Durango, Montrose, Craig, Goodland
- 12 Day Trip to Denver, Colorado Springs, Moore, Craig from Natchitoches
- 11 Day Trip to Jackson Hole, Rapid City, Nebraska City, Salina, Estes Park, Gardiner from Cadiz
- 19 Day Trip to Steamboat Springs, Parker, Grand Junction, Alamosa, Craig, Eagle, Silt from Liberty
- 3 Days Trip to craig
- 1 Day Trip to craig
- 6 Day Trip to Idaho Falls, Craig from Manor
- 2 Days Trip to craig
- 4 Days Trip to craig
- 13 Day Trip to Salt Lake City, Old Faithful, Yellowstone National Park, Colorado Springs from Las Vegas