Are you looking for what to do in Crete?
THINGS TO SEE
There's so much to see in Crete that a comprehensive list would be impossible. While the island is huge and the sights are spread out, here are a few highlights:
- Spinalonga: Spinalonga is a tiny islet not far off the coast of Crete Island. This lovely place his home to an old fort built by the Venitians in Greece. It is interesting to see a monument from a period which Greece isn’t essentially famous for in Greece.
- Palace of Knossos: This beautiful ancient site is a definite must see in Crete. The Palace if Knosos in Malia is a lovely archeological marvel. This part of an ancient city is certainly worth a visit and a must visit attraction for those who are fascinated with ancient Greece. The place can really taking you back into the ancient period.
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum: If you wish to get to know a bit more about the history of the island of Crete or are curious about its culture, do not forget to visit the Archeological museum. All of its long and intriguing history has been beautifully preserved in this museum.
- Lake Voulismeni: Surrounded by the gorgeous city of Agios Nikolaos, this city lake is an amazing attraction to visit in Crete and is sure to be one of the highlights of your trip. The best way to see this beauty is walking up the several steps of the bridge to get a lovely view from the top.
THINGS TO DO
The Various cities each with their own unique colours and flavours make excellent tourist destinations in themselves.
- Pubs and Nightlife: There are many bars (usually attached to tavernas) in Crete but not many nightclubs. So the nightlife is mostly centered on these little Tavernas where you will get a drink in the wee hours of the night. Just go to your nearest tavern to enjoy the laidback nightlife.
Below we have a list of things to do in Crete and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Crete getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Crete with confidence.