About River Highlands State Park, Cromwell
River Highlands State Park is a public recreation area located on the west bank of the Connecticut River in the town of Cromwell, Connecticut. The state park offers hiking and scenic river vistas and is one of four state parks where boaters can find primitive camping.Wikipedia
Overview of River Highlands State Park
Welcome to the page of River Highlands State Park. This is a place of interest in the city of Cromwell in United States. If you have enough time to explore the interiors of the city, you will pass by River Highlands State Park.
More about Cromwell
Use Cromwell trip planner to visit River Highlands State Park and many others to your visit.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Cromwell like Red Roof Inn Hartford- New Britain, Passport Inn And Suites, Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford and Comfort Inn & Suites Meriden.
Share your experience - Rate River Highlands State Park, Cromwell
The trails are nice, but no mention of how far is the river and how long are the trails. Not sure if many people visit here, but the driving was worth it. Pls keep some insect repellent (many mosquitoes) when going in the trail.
Many trails, but some are not marked very well leaving you wondering if you are on a proper trail, a game trail or a water runoff trail. Positive side is that if you get lost, just keep walking a bit and you will run into civilization. Plus Google maps works to aide you finding your car.
Close to home... No Mooween or Rockland or Millers or Robinson or NathanHale or Nassahegon or Crandalls or Cowels or Meshomasic or ... yet Flowy with some interesting and challenging stuff to keep you awake and engaged... 'Bobsled Run' for Mountain Bikes is Fun... Rollercoaster section is entertaining and another Highlight of River Highlands... Mosquitoes will keep the slow riders from returning, and the faster riders from stopping and getting chatty... More 'Skinnies' Sought...
Great location to walk your dog or do some mountain biking. Many of the trails run parallel to the river offering quite a few beautiful views. It can get buggy in the summer though.
I love to be outside on the trail. Trails at River Highlands SP are well marked and there is plenty of space to stretch my legs. Come here to get outdoors.
- Other Attractions
- Bear Country USA
- Reptile Gardens
- Downtown Rapid City
- Dinosaur Park
- Storybook Island
- South Dakota Air And Space Museum
- Chapel In The Hills
- WaTiki Indoor Waterpark Resort
- The Journey Museum And Learning Center
- Prairie Edge Trading Co And Galleries
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Cheap Hotels Near Bear Country USA
- Luxury Hotels Near Reptile Gardens
- Luxury Hotels Near Downtown Rapid City
- Budget Hotels Near Dinosaur Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Storybook Island
- Luxury Hotels Near South Dakota Air And Space Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Chapel In The Hills
- Hotels Near WaTiki Indoor Waterpark Resort
- Budget Hotels Near The Journey Museum And Learning Center
- Luxury Hotels Near Prairie Edge Trading Co And Galleries
- City Tripplans
- 8 Day Trip to Santa Paula, Front Royal, Cromwell, Merrimack, Warner, Lander from Paxico
- Trip to Cromwell
- 7 Day Trip to Santa Paula, Front Royal, Cromwell, Merrimack, Warner, Lander from Paxico