Cuba Tourism - Best of Cuba
Cuba is one of those gorgeous Caribbean countries that are completely unforgettable. The place is full of laid back, lovely beaches and blue water; apart from that it is also an important country from the political point of view and has a fascinating history. There are several buildings in the capital that mark important events in world history. Everyone has heard of the Cuban Missile crisis and the period of great uncertainty that is associated with it.
Although most people visit Cuba these days for its brilliant beaches, its music and its atmosphere, the country’s culture and history are equally interesting. All this and more makes Cuba certainly worth a visit.
Best time to Visit:
No such thing! The island is blessed with good weather almost throughout the year. The climate is almost always favorable. Most European and Canadian tourists come here as a winter retreat though so the tourist traffic during that time will be greater. It does rain sometimes so do carry raingear but other than that the weather is almost always pleasant.
How to reach and get around:
The Jose Marti Airport in Havana is the international airport that is most conveniently connected to all the other cities.
While in Cuba renting a car or taking the Taxi is the best idea to travel around within cities. But when it comes to intercity travel this might get rather expensive. The Viazul which is Cuba’s bus service is the best way to go from one city to another. Trains may not always be reliable.
What to do and see:
- Cayo Coco: Cayo Coco is your one-stop-beach-destination. Long stretching beaches, blue water, and every water sport you can conceive; you will be able to find everything under the sun and even more.
- Havana : The capital city of Cuba, Havana has a lot of important political as well as historic locations on offer. The cathedral of Saint Cristobal is most definitely a must-see site here. With several other things to do and place to see, the city is simply gorgeous.
- Baracoa: Baracoa is a very quiet and laid back beach town. If you want the beach but not the crowds make this your Cuba Travel destination.
Some travel tips:
- Banks close very early in this country. Moreover there are few ATMs. It makes sense to use credit cards(unless it is issued in America), carry cash (not in huge amounts) or use traveler’s checks.
- Do read up on the political situation in the country before you travel there. It won’t be a good idea to voice any anti-government or pro-America sentiments here.
- Do not take photos in restricted areas.
- The currency is pesos and all transactions need to be done in Pesos only.
- If you are US citizens, please read all the guidelines of the country carefully. Travel to Cuba is not allowed.
- Make sure to read up on local laws before you travel
- Customs in the country can be quite thorough. You will have to wait for quite a while.
- Carry receipts for everything you buy in the country for customs.
- Book all flights in advance.
- Accommodation for Cities in Cuba
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels In Honduras
- Luxury Hotels In Guareiras
- Budget Hotels In Dimas
- Cheap Hotels In Jamaica
- 5 Star Hotels In Moron
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels In Camaguey
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels In San Frnacisco
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels In Cuba
- Luxury Hotels In Costa Rica
- 5 Star Hotels In Espana Republicana