Catedral De Cuernavaca Tours
About Catedral De Cuernavaca, Cuernavaca
The Palace of Cortés (Spanish: Palacio de Cortés) in Cuernavaca, Mexico, built in 1526, is the oldest conserved colonial-era civil structure in the continental Americas. The architecture is gothic mudejar, typical of the early 16th century colonial architecture. The building began as a fortified residence for conqueror Hernán Cortés and his aristocratic second wife, Doña Juana Zúñiga. It was built in 1526, over a Tlahuica Aztec tribute collection center, which was destroyed by the Spanish during the Conquest. Cortés replaced it with a personal residence to assert authority over the newly conquered peoples. As Cortés’s residence, it reached its height in the 1530s, but the family eventually abandoned it due to on-going legal troubles. In the 18th century, colonial authorities had the structure renovated and used it as a barracks and jail. During the Mexican War of Independence, it held prisoners such as José María Morelos y Pavón. After the war, it became the seat of government for the state of Morelos until the late 20th century, when the state government moved out and the structure was renovated and converted into the current Museo Regional Cuauhnahuac, or regional museum, with exhibits on the history of Morelos.Wikipedia
Overview of Catedral De Cuernavaca
Check out detailed information of Catedral De Cuernavaca which resides in the Cuernavaca. Missed by most of the visitors, Catedral De Cuernavaca is unique in its own way.
For other interesting insights of the city, you can explore Cuernavaca tours.
More about Cuernavaca
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Cuernavaca trip planner.
Oomph up your visit by adding the best hotels in Cuernavaca like Hotel Orense Express, Hotel Del Real Del Sol, Hotel Rio 1300 and Holiday Inn Cuernavaca.
Book Catedral De Cuernavaca Tickets And Tours
Canyoning adventure with 3 fun rappels.
Share your experience - Rate Catedral De Cuernavaca, Cuernavaca
Para encontrar paz y tranquilidad. Una hermosa casa de Dios
Architectural gem, must visit! Coffee place inside the grounds.
On Saturdays a lot of weddings and 15'th birthday events!
Cuernavaca and the surrounding areas are beautiful. The Cathedral is spectacular. The ruins of the original walls surround the church. The ruins reveal architectural detail that leaves one wondering how the early conquistadors were able to construct such an awe inspiring house of worship. Roaming the grounds is a must.
- Other Attractions
- Kilwins Chocolate Kitchen
- Northern Michigan Artist Market
- First Presbyterian Church
- St. Francis Xavier Parish
- Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Mccune Nature Preserve
- Bayfront Park
- Petoskey Winter Sports Park
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Alanson, Mi
- Hotels Near Petoskey
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kilwins Chocolate Kitchen
- 5 Star Hotels Near Northern Michigan Artist Market
- 5 Star Hotels Near First Presbyterian Church
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near St. Francis Xavier Parish
- Cheap Hotels Near Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Budget Hotels Near Mccune Nature Preserve
- 5 Star Hotels Near Bayfront Park
- Hotels Near Petoskey Winter Sports Park
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Mexico City, Cuernavaca
- Trip to Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Puebla, Cuernavaca
- Trip to Cuernavaca
- Trip to Veracruz
- Trip to Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Cuernavaca
- 24 Day Trip to Mexico from San Jeronimo Norte
- Trip to Mexico City, Cuernavaca
- 3 Day Trip to Cuernavaca from Fort Worth
- 3 Day Trip to Mexico City from Medellín
- 4 Day Trip to Cuernavaca from San Antonio