Cuneo (Italian: [ˈkuːneo] ; Piedmontese: Coni; French: Coni [kɔni]) is a city and comune in Piedmont, Northern Italy, the capital of the province of Cuneo, the third largest of Italy’s provinces by area. It is located at 550 metres (1,804 ft) in the south-west of Piedmont where is the confluence of the rivers Stura and Gesso. Including all bordering municipalities Beinette, Borgo San Dalmazzo, Boves, Busca, Caraglio, Castelletto Stura, Centallo, Cervasca, Morozzo, Peveragno, Tarantasca and Vignolo the population is 123,301 inhabitants. It is near six important mountain passes:
* Colle della Maddalena at 1,996 metres (6,549 ft)
* Colle di Tenda at 1,871 metres (6,138 ft) - Tunnel of Tenda at 1,300 metres (4,300 ft), 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) long
* Colle del Melogno at 1,027 metres (3,369 ft)
* Colle San Bernardo at 957 metres (3,140 ft)
* Colle di Nava at 934 metres (3,064 ft)
* Colle di Cadibona at 459 metres (1,506 ft). Wikipedia
Planning a vacation to Cuneo in Italy? This vacation planner will provide you with all the essential information you need. The nearest major city to Cuneo is Portofino. Portofino is bestowed with interesting set of attractions like Area Marina Protetta Di Portofino, Castello Brown, Chiesa San Giorgio. Get in the character of the city, this city requires at least of 1 to 2 number of days of exploration.
Don't just take a trip, let the trip take you! Have a enjoyable time at Cuneo.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Cuneo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!