How to Reach Curitiba
The Easiest Way to Reach Curitiba
HOW TO GET TO CURITIBA
- By Bus: Curitiba's has a station known as the Estacao Rodoferroviária. It is a really big bus and train station in Curitiba. It consists of three terminals mainly which serve trains, interstate buses intrastate buses. You can use these scheduled bus services from Curitiba to all over Brazil, as well as locations in Chile, Paraguay and some cities in Argentina.
- By Plane: The nearest airport to Curitiba is Aeroporto Afonso Pena. It is located at a distance of about 17 kilometers from the main city in a neighboring region known as San Jose dos Pinhais. Regular city buses depart from here at different fares and you can opt for them to get to your main destination. Most major airlines operate in and out of this Airport.
- By Train: The Brazilian Government does not provide passenger train services anymore. Even so, you should definitely take a ride in the tourist train route of Paraná State's ocean coast, which ends in Paranagua for some beautiful scenic views along the way.
- By Car: The main highways connecting to Curitiba are BR-116 south and North. BR-101 and you can choose to drive in from either San Paolo, Florianopolis and Port Alegre.
HOW TO GET AROUND CURITIBA
Curitiba’s main public transit system consists of buses by and large. It opened to the World- the first Bus Rapid Transit system (BRT) which resulted in a large shift from the usual automobile travel system to the public transport system. The government is also planning on introducing an underground metro station.
- By Car: Most destinations are connected by the bus and travelling by road is going to be difficult for you especially if you are a first timer in Brazil. Most roads are one way and it would take you quite a while to reach your desired destination.
- By Bike: The city boasts of a 100 kilometers of bike routes and you can like 30,000 bikers opt for these routes too; to completely breathe in the lovely air of the city.
- By Bus: Remember the fares may differ for various routes but you can choose to connect for free between the bus routes if you change or connect internally from bus or train stations.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Curitiba and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Curitiba
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Curitiba. The most preferred mode of transport in Curitiba is Car.
Average distance: 12.86 km Average time: 35.32 min
Car 67.74%Driving 27.48 min Walking 0.71 min Waiting 0.1 min Overall average time for 13.32 kms 28.29 min
Bike 6.45%Bike 47.5 min Overall average time for 14.5 kms 47.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 9.68%Bus 40 min Waiting 11.67 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 10.17 kms 55.67 min
Walking 6.45%Walking 51.5 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 10.5 kms 66.5 min
- How to reach Cities Near Curitiba
- How to reach Braço Do Norte
- How to reach General Carneiro
- How to reach Pomerode
- How to reach Santa Cecília Do Pavão
- How to reach Prudentópolis
- How to reach Avaré
- How to reach São Roque
- How to reach Jardim Alegre
- How to reach Schroeder
- How to reach Piraju
- How to reach Armazém
- How to reach Wenceslau Braz
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Oxford
- How to reach Yamato
- How to reach Crawford Bay
- How to reach Gorham
- How to reach Valley City
- How to reach Marsannay-la-côte
- How to reach Chetumal
- How to reach Tochigi
- How to reach Idra
- How to reach Sligo