Museu Oscar Niemeyer204 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: R. Mal. Hermes, 999 - Centro Cívico, Curitiba - PR, 80530-230, Brazil
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-4133504400
- Ticket Price: 9 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museums, Sculpture
Also called as Novo Museu or New Museum, this museum was inaugurated in 2002 and was later attributed to honour its famous architect Oscar Niemeyer who accomplished this project at 95 years of age. The structure is also referred as Museum do Olho or Museum of Eye due to its distinct design.
The museum primarily focuses on visual arts, architecture and design. Spread over two buildings, the museum spans over an area of 35,000 square meters, 19,000 of which is dedicated to exhibition space. The museum houses Niemeyer’s signature elements like bold geometrical shapes, carved volumes in different sculptures, large areas of white painted concrete and variety of murals and paintings.
The contemporary art and design displayed in the museum is a crowd puller and attracts thousands of visitors every year!
Entrance Ticket Details For Museu Oscar Niemeyer
- Teachers and students with ID, blood donors, people with special needs: 4.50 Brazilian real.
- Under 12, higher 60, pre-booked groups of public school students: Free entry.
- First Thursday of every month, free entry after 06:00 pm.
- Special discounts on Sunday, please check official website for details.
Museu Oscar Niemeyer Hours
- Closed on Universal Fellowship, Ash Wednesday.
- Ticket counter closes at 05:30 pm.
How to Reach Museu Oscar Niemeyer
- Buses 505, 011, 260, 265
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Curitiba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Curitiba and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.14% of people who visit Curitiba include Museu Oscar Niemeyer in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.63% of people start their Museu Oscar Niemeyer visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Museu Oscar Niemeyer
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museu Oscar Niemeyer