Are you looking for what to do in Curitiba?
There are various things to see and various activities to do while you are in the city of Curitiba.
THINGS TO SEE
- Jerusalem Fountain: Designed by Fernando Canalli, this is easily one of the most top rated attractions of Curitiba. The three bronze angels on top are a symbol of secularism- as they represent Islam, Christianity and Judaism much like the city of Jerusalem.
- Botanical Garden of Curitiba: This beautiful garden located in Curitiba is a treat for nature lovers and specially people who are passionate about botany. For anybody who evens lightly understands botany, this place is a must visit.
- Oscar Nieyemer Museum: It is one of the largest museums in the country of Brazil and was inaugurated in the year 2002. It is completely dedicated to visual arts and has some lovely works on display.
- Bosque Alemao: This is a lovely park in the city which is mainly used for recreational purposes. It was built in honor of the Germans who stayed in the city in the early 19th Century.
- Arena De Baixada: Home to Clube Atletico Paranaense, this club was the first one in Brazil to sell off its naming rights.
- Mocinhas da Cidade Fountain: Located at the crossing of Cruz Machado and Alameda Cabral, this fountain pays homage to the couple and country music duo Nho Belarmino and Nha Gabriela. The highlights are the drawing from Fernando Canalli.
THINGS TO DO
- Visit Museums: The city consists of a number of museums namely Museu Paranaense, Museu de Arte Sacra Museu do Expedicionario, Museu de Arte Contemporanea Museu da Imagem e do Som and Museu Metropolitano de Arte de Curitiba.
- Serra Verde Express: Take a ride in this touristic train to the coastal town of Morretes. You will see various tourists flocking on this train as it is one of the main attractions.
- Hitch a ride in a taxi or farmer's cart along the Nhundiaquara river, as it makes an excellent picnic spot.
- Feira do Largo da Ordem: Visit this market. It is a lovely place to shop, explore the city and happens every Sunday mornings.
Below we have a list of things to do in Curitiba and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Curitiba getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Curitiba with confidence.