Cathedral Of Santo DomingoCurrently Open [Closes at 05:45 pm]
- Address: Cathedral of Santo Domingo, Cusco, Peru
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 PEN
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo - Review
Church of Santo Domingo is a popular destination for all the tourists visiting the city. The church of Santo Domingo is a beautiful structure characterized by gold interiors. The golden architectural ceiling of the church of Santo Domingo is very impressive. The work is simply mesmerizing.
Another magnificent feat of architecture which will appeal to your eyes is the enormous altar covered with gold. The church surprises its visitors. Even the atheists will be able to admire the ethereal beauty of this place. Several traditional weddings are held in this beautiful church of Santo Domingo. Although you won’t be able to see these unless you are going to Cuzco for one, they are nothing short of spectacular.
The items exhibited in the church are very rare as well as precious.It is indeed one of the richest cathedrals.
Do take time to admire the beautiful artwork done on the walls of the church of Santo Domingo.
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo Information
- Admission not included in boleto turístico; S/25 adults, S/12.50 students.
- You can explore some colorful and quite alleys while you are around.
- Do not communicate or talk anything while the mass is going on.
- Take a photo without flash.
- The church has a museum, the entry fees of which is PEN 4.
- At 3:00 pm, the church is closed for sometime.
How To reach Cathedral Of Santo Domingo by Public Transport
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not available online.
Restaurants Near Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
- Hostal Wara Wara
- Mixtura Valle Restaurant
- Capon Chifa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
95% of people who visit Cusco include Cathedral Of Santo Domingo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.37% of people start their Cathedral Of Santo Domingo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
66.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo Map
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo Trips
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo, Cusco Reviews
Big cathedral. Lots of gold everywhere. A bit pricey for admission tho at $25 sol. The other, smaller cathedral down the street is only $10 sol and has amazing views as well
The Cathedral at first glance wouldn't seem that big, but upon entering the area, you'd find plenty of nooks and corners to go through. A Roman Catholic church completed in 1654 in Gothic-Renaissance style of architecture. The interior is filled with all kinds of precious metals-gold and silver-and gems. Of interest would be the Black Christ, which has a story of its divinity that when an earthquake happened and the Black Christ was taken out to the center of the city, the earthquake and fires stopped. If you can get an informative guide, you'd return with a wealth of information.
Really good place if you like architecture stunning building. Some amazing art work inside. So much to see and learn. Some amazing craftsmanship and historical facts definitely worth a visit must see if your there.
Magnificent, historical, beautiful...
It’s a place you can visit if you have time to... because it’s not a must!! If you have and religious do it in your free time
All QuestionsCathedral of santo domingo
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames