Cathedral Of Santo Domingo1377 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cathedral of Santo Domingo, Cusco, Peru
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 PEN
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Church of Santo Domingo is a popular destination for all the tourists visiting the city. The church of Santo Domingo is a beautiful structure characterized by gold interiors. The golden architectural ceiling of the church of Santo Domingo is very impressive. The work is simply mesmerizing.
Another magnificent feat of architecture which will appeal to your eyes is the enormous altar covered with gold. The church surprises its visitors. Even the atheists will be able to admire the ethereal beauty of this place. Several traditional weddings are held in this beautiful church of Santo Domingo. Although you won’t be able to see these unless you are going to Cuzco for one, they are nothing short of spectacular.
The items exhibited in the church are very rare as well as precious.It is indeed one of the richest cathedrals.
Do take time to admire the beautiful artwork done on the walls of the church of Santo Domingo.
Cathedral Of Santo Domingo Travel Tips
- Admission not included in boleto turístico; S/25 adults, S/12.50 students.
- You can explore some colorful and quite alleys while you are around.
- Do not communicate or talk anything while the mass is going on.
- Take a photo without flash.
- The church has a museum, the entry fees of which is PEN 4.
- At 3:00 pm, the church is closed for sometime.
How to Reach Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not available online.
- Hostal Wara Wara
- Mixtura Valle Restaurant
- Capon Chifa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.59% of people who visit Cusco include Cathedral Of Santo Domingo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.95% of people start their Cathedral Of Santo Domingo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cathedral Of Santo Domingo
65.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of Santo Domingo