Events and Festivals in Cusco
- Fiesta de las Cruces (May): The Festival of the Cross falls is one of the Catholic and Spanish influenced festivals in Cusco. Crosses and crucifixes in Catholic churches, cathedrals and sanctuaries throughout Cusco and the other provinces are veiled for the day. The town is decorated with crosses and boasts a plethora of events and attractions like folk music and dance, and the daring scissor dancers.
- Semana Santa OR Easter Week/Holy Week (March/April): This is one of the most celebrated weeks in South America and a major festival in Cusco and boasts fireworks, brass bands and revelries throughout the week. The sheer buzz and great atmosphere attracts thousands of visitors from across the globe.
- Inti Raymi (June): The festival of Inti Raymi is one of the most celebrated Inca festivals in Cusco. Saints are taken from their respective churches and paraded around the streets of Cusco, carried by groups of chosen bearers, and taken to Cusco Cathedral. The saints are supposed to stay in the Cathedral for 7 days, following which they are brought back to their respective churches on the 8th day. The saints are followed by dancers, musicians and fireworks.
- Virgen del Carmen (July): The festival is considered to be on of Peru’s wildest festivals. The three-day festival boasts dance, revelry, drinking, and outlandish, scary costumes and a plethora of tourists and visitors who have come to get a taste of this unique experience.
- Puno Week (November): Puno Week is the fiesta capital of Peru. The festival is celebrated for a full week in November as a reminder of the city’s Amerindian roots. The festival boasts a huge procession that deviates into dance, music, and oblivion.
Trip plans for Cusco
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cusco
Cusco Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cusco
Save 7%Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco713 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs
A train trip away to see one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. We arrive at the Aguas Calientes station where our staff ...
Save 7%Sacred Valley, Pisac and Ollantaytambo Full-Day Tour from Cusco261 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas on this full-day excursion from Cusco. Travel to the scenic town of Pisac where you'l...
Save 8%4-Day Machu Picchu with Biking, Rafting, Ziplining from Cusco8 Reviews
Duration: 4 Days
The Inca Jungle Trek, is an amazing 4-day alternative tour where you can practice adventure sports like rafting, trekking, bi...
Save 7%Hiram Bingham Luxury Train to Machu Picchu17 Reviews
Duration: 13 Hrs
Experience first-class transport and dining all the way to Machu Picchu and back aboard the Belmond Hiram Bingham train, equi...
- Events & Festivals in Ollantaytambo
- Events & Festivals in Tanca
- Events & Festivals in Mollepata
- Events & Festivals in Cachora
- Events & Festivals in Xstrata Tintaya
- Events & Festivals in Ayculaca
- Events & Festivals in Distrito De Callalli
- Events & Festivals in Pinchollo
- Events & Festivals in Coporaque
- Events & Festivals in Lima
- Events & Festivals in Pichanaki
- Events & Festivals in Huanuco
- Events & Festivals in Virú
- Events & Festivals in Ica
- Events & Festivals in Cuñumbuque
- Events & Festivals in Doissin
- Events & Festivals in Hulhumale Post Office
- Events & Festivals in Petit Cour
- Events & Festivals in Ekole
- Events & Festivals in Vineuil-saint-firmin
- Events & Festivals in Kadampuliyur
- Events & Festivals in Fjerdingby
- Events & Festivals in Auberg
- Events & Festivals in Acquanegra Cremonese