Events and Festivals in Cusco
Events and Festivals in Cusco
- Fiesta de las Cruces (May): The Festival of the Cross falls is one of the Catholic and Spanish influenced festivals in Cusco. Crosses and crucifixes in Catholic churches, cathedrals and sanctuaries throughout Cusco and the other provinces are veiled for the day. The town is decorated with crosses and boasts a plethora of events and attractions like folk music and dance, and the daring scissor dancers.
- Semana Santa OR Easter Week/Holy Week (March/April): This is one of the most celebrated weeks in South America and a major festival in Cusco and boasts fireworks, brass bands and revelries throughout the week. The sheer buzz and great atmosphere attracts thousands of visitors from across the globe.
- Inti Raymi (June): The festival of Inti Raymi is one of the most celebrated Inca festivals in Cusco. Saints are taken from their respective churches and paraded around the streets of Cusco, carried by groups of chosen bearers, and taken to Cusco Cathedral. The saints are supposed to stay in the Cathedral for 7 days, following which they are brought back to their respective churches on the 8th day. The saints are followed by dancers, musicians and fireworks.
- Virgen del Carmen (July): The festival is considered to be on of Peru’s wildest festivals. The three-day festival boasts dance, revelry, drinking, and outlandish, scary costumes and a plethora of tourists and visitors who have come to get a taste of this unique experience.
- Puno Week (November): Puno Week is the fiesta capital of Peru. The festival is celebrated for a full week in November as a reminder of the city’s Amerindian roots. The festival boasts a huge procession that deviates into dance, music, and oblivion.
Trip plans for Cusco
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Cusco Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cusco
New on TripHobo Duration: 11 Hrs
This Private tour is an option thinking of people who like hiking and nature and do not have many days, on the route we will ...
USD 68.75Book Now
3 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs
Make your trip easy and smooth. A driver will arrive at your desired pick-up location in Ollantaytambo, and transfer you to y...
USD 25Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Discover different historic sites near Cusco on this half-day tour. See the terraces and aqueducts built over 500 years ago i...
USD 153Book Now
5 Reviews Duration: 5 Days
Enjoy a 5-day, 4-night package which includes tours to Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Your tour includes a profes...
USD 610Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Cusco
- Events & Festivals in Oropesa
- Events & Festivals in El Poblado De Tomepampa
- Events & Festivals in Lucanas
- Events & Festivals in Yanaoca
- Events & Festivals in Yauli District
- Events & Festivals in Paruro
- Events & Festivals in Limatambo
- Events & Festivals in Manire
- Events & Festivals in Mollepata
- Events & Festivals in Huarocondo
- Events & Festivals in Lamay
- Events & Festivals in Calca
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Tarakan
- Events & Festivals in Cametá
- Events & Festivals in Chester
- Events & Festivals in Ghera Sinhagad
- Events & Festivals in Goiás
- Events & Festivals in Rush
- Events & Festivals in Hialeah Gardens
- Events & Festivals in Somerville
- Events & Festivals in Union
- Events & Festivals in Broadstairs