We have seen the beautiful pictures of Machu Picchu in various travel magazines. But visiting such a magnificent destination is an altogether different experience. For all the people, who admire this historic Incan wonderland and are mesmerized by its beauty, Machu Picchu will take your breath away. The beautiful scenery of Machu Picchu is astounding. If you get an opportunity to have a stay in Machu Picchu, it is recommended to wake up in the wee hours of morning and spend some quiet and peaceful time in the ancient ruins. As the sun slowly rises, you will witness the mist covering Machu Picchu gradually moving aside to reveal the most scenic and mystical city of Machu Picchu. Such a splendid sunrise can be experienced only in the ruins of Machu Picchu.
Be prepared to experience the magic of Machu Picchu. The energy and beauty of this place will take you by surprise. This place will gift you with few of your fondest memories.
Put all our worries aside, and take some time to experience and absorb all the beauty Machu Picchu has to offer to all its visitors. It will certainly be a once in a lifetime experience.
In order to get an unique experience during your Cusco trip, you should consider visiting the scenic Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is one of those places in Cusco which will help you to breathe some fresh air and rejuvenate. With stunning landscapes and far away from the bustling city life, Machu Picchu allows you to indulge in certain activities like hiking and trekking. You can get easy access by buying the Machu Picchu tickets. You can also book the Machu Picchu tour tickets and get a guided tour of the site and enjoy the breathtaking view.
Machu Picchu Travel Tips
- For students carrying ISIC card: 63 soles.
- Nocturnal tours can be arranged between 6 pm to 1 am.
- Students carrying an ISIC card can get 50 percent discount.
- The most memorable way is travelling by Inca trail.
- June to august is the peak season.
- Warm sunny days can be expected in April/May, September/October.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays are less crowded.
- Local guides are present for assistance.
- There is No ATM at the site, so carry sufficient cash.
How to Reach Machu Picchu
- Aguas Calientes
- El Mirador snack bar- burgers and sandwiches
- Indio Feliz- Peruvian food
- Chez Maggy- pasta and wood fired Pizza
- Govinda- vegetarian food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Cusco include Machu Picchu in their plan
55.37% of people start their Machu Picchu visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Machu Picchu
90.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Machu Picchu