Pre-columbian Art MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Plaza de Las Nazarenas - Cusco City, Peru
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 PEN
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids
The Pre-Columbian Art Museum attracts a large number of visitors towards itself. The magnificent pre-Columbian art museums show off a high class collection of Peruvian culture. The art museum exhibits a large collection of nearly 450 pre-Columbian art pieces. These masterpieces displayed at the Pre-Columbian art museum belong to varying civilizations. The collection includes some of the master pieces from huari, chancay, and Nazca as well as Inca civilizations.
Every exhibit showcased in the art museum is outstanding. Apart from this, for propagating a clear explanation to the visitors, every exhibit has been explained in at least 6 languages.
People who love ceramic art are recommended to pay a visit to the Pre-Columbian art museum. A high quality of skill as well as creativity is showcased in the ceramic works displayed at the art museum.
The beauty of the art exhibited here is enhanced a lot more due to its presentation. The museum is undoubtedly one of the most well displayed museums of the world. Every person who visits this art museum will be in awe of it.
- There is a restaurant inside the museum named MAP cafe, which is open from 11 am-8 pm. Tourists can have refreshments here.
- For students with ISIC card, there is a 50 percent discount.
- There is an auditorium as well which has a seating capacity of 120 people.
- There is a jewelry shop as well.
- Exhibitions are held in English and Spanish languages.
- The displays and artwork is quite pricey.
- There are descriptive placards in 6 languages.
- General admission costs S/20.00; Students S/10.00.
- If you wish to travel by public transport you should invest in a transport map. There is a bus service but details are not available online.
- El Rapido
- Bar Nacional
- Los Pincheira
- Bamboo Restobar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cusco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cusco and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.08% of people who visit Cusco include Pre-columbian Art Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
37.16% of people start their Pre-columbian Art Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pre-columbian Art Museum
56.85% of people prefer walking in order to reach Pre-columbian Art Museum